20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Monitor resolution can't be changed
some 15" monitors do not support 1024 by 768, check your monitor specifications if it does.
google on the net with the exact monitor model no. and see if it supports.
LG Flatron L1722P
The computer might not be working properly not the screen... CPU turns - on, but with no response... have the computer check by a computer technician
Monitor not work
Try starting your computer in VGA mode (one of the options available from the menu you get if you keep tapping F8 as the computer starts up). In this mode the monitor should work well enough to get to the right resolution. Go to the display settings dialog (right click background and choose Properties, then the Settings tab), and pick the native resolution for your monitor (1280 x1024). Might be worth checking the refresh rate is ok as well before switching to the new resolution (press the Advanced button and the Monitor tab to check this).
Go step by step:
1. maybe you are trying to set a higher resolution then the screen can be
2. its possible that your comp don?t recognize the screen right, check the "display properties" make sure it?s the right model
3. reinstall the drivers. Restart.
4. if its not the software it?s the hardware, try connecting the screen to another computer if it works fine the problem is in the display board .
Problems with screen
try these options, follow their order, it goes from the easyest and on:
1. every screen has maximum resolution, maybe the resolution you pick is higher than screen possibilities.
2. this may also be a resault of computer not recognizing screen. check windows defenitions, make sure windows recognizes the exact model of your screen.
3. reinstall drivers, reboot.
4. if problem is in hardware, you have to find what part is causing the problems. try connecting the screen to a new computer, try another cable, etc.
Hey I have an LG Flatron L1718S screen that work fine for a few weeks then suddenly switch off for a few days ,then switch on again,it's a irritating cycle.Please HELP
- Larry Ng Jul 15, 2021that is just a YEAR 2007 LCD computer monitor, it needs a computer to work. if it fails in a 2nd PC ,
if that test fails,the monitor is bad. (hardward failure, monitor.
the tests are simple,
it fails on 2nd good PC, what can be more simple that test ANY 14 year old monitor on a 2nd good PC.
when dead do this.(test2)
they are all here when dead again use a FLASH LIGHT. (or in UK a low carbon foot print TORCH)<< joking.
all monitors older than 2010 do this . (has CCFL inside and that is never fun now)
the cure is newer monitors 2011 to now called LED monitor.s or OLED.
the tubes are cold cathode florescent tubes. (back lamps.) (have 5 classic fail symptoms not just dead)
they are short lived,
laptops and monitors both back then. 20,00hours on the clock and go bad. bank on it.
the 3 failures are CCFL, PSU board, and logic board
#1 is CCFL the all died long ago, on average about year 2003 (07 +5= 12, 2012) at 20,000 yours boom dead.
PSU is here:
below is logic board.
one of the 3 fail, CCFL tubes dead is like 99%
we retire them if the CCFL test fails. (using bench PSU to test them) but you have non of that so. upgrade
Larry Ng Jul 19, 2021
logic board. (CCFL tubes dead, PSU dead, or logic board dead) and or thermally failing , and bad.
Anonymous Jul 23, 2021
99% of all monitors are all dead. due to those silly low live CCFL back lamps.
or the 2cards inside that can fail too. PSU card +HV CCLF power or the Data card is dead.
99.9% of folks seen these facts, upgrade now.
high voltage inside 600v on the CCFL pins
Monitor slow to display picture
Hi, Sounds like an issue of the video card not the monitor. Take to computer shop to verify. One thing you can try is drop the dpi down (refresh rate)a bit. Then try again. If that makes sense to you. Hope that helps.
Installing mount on LG Flatron
It´s not safe to anchor it to the plastic back, monitors usually have a metal frame inside that support the weight of the monitor.
Lg flatron e2441 half screen darker
If you get half of the screen darker, remember that LCd monitor have 2 neon lamp at each extremity of the LCD, when one goes out you get this problem. it is possible to replace the LCD neon lamp, I did it many time, but you need to tear all the monitor appart and be carefull not to break any glass while doing so.
Not finding what you are looking for?