Monitor power problem
It sounds like an internal issue, more likely the LOPT components are overheating, possibily due to dust collection causing temporary shorts, or an arcing capacitor. The randomness is due to weather conditions, high humidity more likely to monitor wil shut down, the dryer the weather the moisture in the dust would have evaporated, resulting in nothing happening, and a working monitor.
I suggest trying this first:-
Unplug the monitor from the outlet, and the computer, open the case, but REMEMBER! the monitor can still pack a punch even when it's unplugged from the outlet, (once the case is open, it is completely safe if you accidently brush against a metal part, but under no circumstances (unless you know what you're doing) remove the rubber cap that's either on the top, bottom, or sides of the back of the screen, doing so can result in a massive jolt of up to 20,000 volts),use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust, making sure you clean right up to the control buttons on the front, screw the case back in place, then try the monitor, if it's still the same, and unless you are a qualified electronics engineer and would like to repair the monitor yourself, I suggest you take it to a repair shop.
on Jun 18, 2007