/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
To manually remove the tape from the Canon ES900 video
camera do the following after reading all below.
1. Remove the two small screws from the tape door face. I show the entire carriage removed.
2. Look for the small metal peg on the left side, about 1”
down from the top of the tape carriage.
3. Using something small push down on the peg to release the
4. Important Note: Most likely the tape will still be
wrapped around the video head and held there by two capstans, (one on each side
of the head)
5. Carefully pull out the tape not damage it any more than
necessary. Keep in mind this might cause the player to “eat” the tape at this
area so smooth the tape here with your fingers (nothing metal) and wind the tape
to begin playing past this area if possible.
It seems this is a common problem with this unit; Canon
should have put a better motor here in this critical area.
Good luck, hope this helps everyone,