20 Most Recent
Canon MVX25I Mini DV Digital Camcorder Questions & Answers
How do I copy a
as far as I know, you can only save photos on the SD card.
You can capture the video from the tape to your PC via Firewire interface, connect the Firewire cable to the DV connector on your camera and your computer's firewire port and capture it with a program called WinDV.
About the DVD recorder, often it it the case with them that you have to 'finalize' the DVD before it can be read on a PC/Mac
Power failure and I need to remove tape
If you can do the repairs yourself there are two ways to fix the problem.
Dismental the camera. Try to locate the power board. have a keen look at the components near the battery connector or the power connector. there you will be able to locate 3 to 4 safety fuses. check the continuty. if found open replace it and the problem can be solved. AND
the other way is to locate the motor for tape deck loading mechanism. Remove the flex ribbion connector of the motor from the pcb, then try giving 3volt supply from an external device to the motor in both the direction. in one direction it will move the deck outward, but be carefull when the cassette is being ejected a little portion of the tape may get damaged.
I would agree from the description of your problem that you probably have dirty heads. Do you have sound? If so the video drum is clogged. Do you use the same tapes over and over? If you do that is your problem. The tapes are bent very tightly around the tape guides etc and over time the oxide loosens and allows a buildup on the heads. If the tapes are used continuously it happens faster as time goes on. You should only use a tape for several passes and get a new one. They were not meant to record over and over as is done. I could explain the proper technique for head cleaning but if you go to this website the process is outlined in an easy to understand manner and it has pictures. Follow the procedure and get some new tapes. Good luck.
How to remove a tape out of a canon es55 that will not power up even if the battery is charged
If you suspect that your JVC camcorder may have been damaged by plugging in the wrong power cord, it's possible that the cassette mechanism may not release as intended. However, you can try the following steps to manually release the cassette:
- Turn off the camcorder: Make sure the camcorder is turned off and unplugged from any power source.
- Locate the cassette release button: The cassette release button is usually located on the side or bottom of the camcorder near the cassette compartment. It may be labeled "eject" or have a symbol that looks like a triangle with an arrow pointing up.
- Press the cassette release button: Press and hold the cassette release button for several seconds to see if it releases the cassette. You may need to press it firmly or use a pointed object like a pen or pencil to press it.
- Manually release the cassette: If the cassette release button does not work, you can try manually releasing the cassette. Look for a small hole on the camcorder near the cassette compartment. This hole may be labeled "emergency release" or have a symbol that looks like a triangle with an arrow pointing down. Insert a straightened paperclip or similar object into the hole and press gently to release the cassette.
If you are unable to manually release the cassette, it's possible that the camcorder has been damaged beyond repair.
My CANON MV940 DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER cant charge.....when i plug it in the battery charge indicator does not flash or light up
If your Canon MV940 digital video camcorder is not charging when you plug it in, there are a few things you can check to try to determine the cause of the issue:
- Check the power adapter: Make sure that the power adapter is securely plugged into the camcorder and that the outlet you are using is working. Also, check that the adapter is not damaged or malfunctioning.
- Check the battery: Make sure that the battery is inserted correctly and that it is not damaged or worn out. If the battery is old or has been used for a long time, it may no longer hold a charge and will need to be replaced.
- Check the charging port: Make sure that the charging port on the camcorder is clean and free of debris. If there is debris blocking the port, use a soft-bristled brush or a can of compressed air to clean it out.
- Check the battery terminals: Make sure that the terminals on the battery are clean and free of debris or oxidation. Clean the terminals using a soft-bristled brush or a pencil eraser.
- Check the firmware: If the problem persists, check to see if your camcorder's firmware is up to date. If it isn't, update it.
If you've tried all of these steps and you still cannot charge your camcorder, it's possible that there is a hardware issue with the camera. In this case, you may need to contact Canon support for further assistance.
Need help understanding a transfer from the Canon MV830i camcorder to Macbook
- To transfer video footage from your Canon MV830i camcorder to your Macbook, you will need a FireWire cable and a FireWire USB adapter. This cable connects the camcorder to your computer, and the adapter allows the FireWire connection to be recognized by your Macbook. You can find this cable and adapter on Amazon or other electronics retailers.
- To transfer the footage to your computer, you can use the built-in iMovie software on your Macbook. This software lets you capture the footage from your camcorder and import it into the program for editing.
- You can reuse the tapes by recording the footage you have already captured. Make sure you have transferred the footage to your computer before recording it.
- Some other advice:
- Make sure your camcorder is in VCR or VTR mode before connecting it to your computer.
- Test the connection and transfer process before filming important footage.
- Check the manual of the camcorder for detailed instructions on how to transfer footage.
- Be patient; transferring footage from a camcorder to a computer can take some time.
Remember that transferring footage from a camcorder to a computer can be a bit complicated, but with some patience and practice, you'll get the hang of it. Remember always to consult the manual of the camcorder for detailed instructions and always keep your computer and software updated.
I want to connect a Canon ZR 800 using firewire to my MacBook Pro.
To connect your Canon ZR 800 camcorder to your MacBook Pro using a Firewire connection, you will need a Firewire cable and a Firewire port on your computer. Here are the steps you can follow to connect your camcorder to your MacBook Pro:
- Locate the Firewire port on your MacBook Pro. It is usually located on the side or back of the computer and is marked with a symbol that looks like a small lightning bolt.
- Connect one end of the Firewire cable to the Firewire port on your MacBook Pro.
- Locate the Firewire port on your Canon ZR 800 camcorder. It is usually located on the side or back of the camcorder and is marked with a symbol that looks like a small lightning bolt.
- Connect the other end of the Firewire cable to the Firewire port on your camcorder.
- Turn on your camcorder and set it to playback mode.
- Open the video editing software on your MacBook Pro and choose the option to import video from a Firewire device.
- Follow the prompts in the software to import the video from your camcorder.
I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Canon vixia recording with color problems
If you are experiencing color problems while recording with your Canon Vixia camcorder, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that the camcorder is properly focused. If the focus is off, the colors may appear distorted or blurry.
- Check the lighting conditions. If the lighting is too dim or too bright, the colors may appear distorted or washed out.
- Check the white balance settings on your camcorder. If the white balance is not set correctly, the colors in the video may appear inaccurate.
- Clean the camcorder's lens to remove any dirt or smudges that may be affecting the image quality.
- If you are using an external device, such as a monitor or TV, to view the video, make sure that it is properly calibrated.
If you have tried these steps and are still experiencing color problems with your camcorder, you may want to try contacting Canon customer service for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps based on your particular camcorder and the issues you are experiencing.
Not finding what you are looking for?