20 Most Recent
Sony CLIE PEG-SJ20 Handheld Questions & Answers
Is it technically possible to recover the data
NO, not usually, but in saying that I guess residual charge may for a brief period allow it to work until all the power was dissipated. from the capacitors etc, BUT that's highly unlikely. So the answer is YES, it is technically possible. It also depends on the definition of "Dies" a dead battery while it may NOT power the unit, may have enough to work certain parts of the circuit. BUT if the battery is totally exhausted. and there is NO power at all. Then NO.
3/13/2010 7:19:17 AM •
on Mar 13, 2010
Memory Stick Issues
It clearly states on Sony web site that only 32Mb PSP memory Pro will work with SJ20
8/26/2009 4:50:02 AM •
on Aug 26, 2009
My sony CLIE PEG-SJ20 is
I had the same problem with my clie peg-sj20 on my vista home basic based laptop. I could not hotsync after installing the original software. I've never tried to use my pda with this setup before so I was trying to find a way to make it work when I found this post, figured I would reply with what I found.
My Sony clie peg-sj20 runs the Palm o.s. 4.1 software and apparently Sony no longer supports this model. So after trying to hotsync and letting the Windows vista install wizard find the proper software, it suggested contacting the manufacturer of the operating system. I went to the Palm websight and downloaded the Palm o.s. 6.2 software which is compatible with vista, even though it doesn't say it supports the sj20. After installing it I performed a hotsync during setup when I was prompted to do so, and it totally worked. I'm not sure if this version works with other applications but it enabled me to hotsync running vista.
Hope this helps someone out there. Good luck.
8/16/2009 10:33:18 PM •
on Aug 16, 2009
Sony cfd-s70 Will Not Read CDs
There are a few possible causes for a Sony CFD-S70 CD player not reading CDs. Some possible issues include:
- Dirty or damaged CD: Make sure the CD is clean and free of scratches or damage.
- Dirty lens: The lens that reads the CD may be dirty or dusty. A cleaning disc can be used to clean the lens, or you can use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe it clean.
- Faulty lens: If the lens is faulty, it may need to be replaced.
- Faulty CD mechanism: If the CD mechanism is not working properly, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Power Supply Problem: Make sure the power supply is connected and the power outlet is working.
- Firmware issue: A firmware issue could prevent the CD player from reading CDs. You should check the Sony website to see if there are any firmware updates available for your specific model.
If the problem persists after trying these suggestions, it is recommended to take the device to a professional repair service or the nearest Sony Service center.
Sony TRV 740 E Fehlercode C:31:40
Der Fehlercode C:31:40 bei Sony Camcordern deutet auf ein Problem mit dem Motor des Kassettenfachs hin. Es kann sein, dass der Motor blockiert ist oder dass es ein Problem mit den Sensoren gibt, die den Status des Kassettenfachs ?berwachen. Um das Problem zu beheben, k?nnen Sie folgende Schritte ausprobieren:
- Entfernen Sie die Batterie und das Netzkabel des Camcorders und lassen Sie das Ger?t f?r einige Minuten ausgeschaltet.
- ?berpr?fen Sie das Kassettenfach auf lose Teile oder Fremdk?rper, die m?glicherweise blockieren k?nnten.
- Versuchen Sie, das Kassettenfach vorsichtig zu schlie?en und zu ?ffnen, um zu sehen, ob dies das Problem l?st.
- Wenn das Problem weiterhin besteht, k?nnen Sie versuchen, das Kassettenfach mit Druckluft zu reinigen, um m?gliche Blockaden zu entfernen.
- Wenn alle diese Schritte fehlschlagen, kann es ein mechanisches oder elektronisches Problem sein, das eine Reparatur durch einen qualifizierten Techniker erfordert.
Es ist auch m?glich, dass das Problem durch eine defekte Cassette verursacht wird. Wenn m?glich, versuchen Sie, eine andere Cassette auszuprobieren, um zu sehen, ob dies das Problem l?st. Wenn das Problem weiterhin besteht, liegt es h?chstwahrscheinlich am Camcorder selbst.
Sony Playstation 3. Infamous intro doesn't load
- Restart the console: Sometimes, restarting the console can resolve software issues and help the game load properly.
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your PlayStation 3, which can be done by navigating to the "Settings" menu and then to "System Update".
- Check the game disc: Make sure the disc is clean and free of scratches or damage. If the disc is damaged, it may need to be replaced.
- Reinstall the game: Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it from the disc. This can help resolve any corrupt data that may be causing the issue.
- Try a different game: If the issue persists, try playing a different game to see if it's specific to Infamous 2 or if it's a general issue with the console.
Have a sony nwz a818 but windows 10 wont recognise it. what windows will it work with ie windows 7/8/vista have a unused windows 10 which i can downgrade to any of these windows operating systems
If your Sony NWZ A818 is not being recognized by Windows 10, it may be an issue with the device driver. The device driver is software that allows the operating system to communicate with the hardware.
Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Connect the Sony NW on a different USB port on your computer, sometimes it may be a problem with the USB port.
- Check for Windows updates and install any updates that are available.
- Uninstall and reinstall the device driver.
- Try connecting the device to another computer to see if it is recognized.
- Downgrade your operating system to a version that has been tested and confirmed to work with your device, such as Windows 7, 8 or Vista.
It's important to note that some devices may not be compatible with newer operating systems and may require a downgrade to an older version of the operating system. It is always recommended to check the device's official website or the manual for information on which operating systems are supported and compatible.
If you decide to downgrade your operating system, it's important to make sure that you have a backup of your important files and data and that you follow the instructions provided by Microsoft or your computer manufacturer to ensure a successful downgrade.
How can I fix my Sony SDM E96D TFT LCD color computer display goes on and off
There are a few possible reasons why your Sony SDM E96D TFT LCD color computer display might be turning on and off:
- The display might be overheating. If the display is in a poorly ventilated area, or if it has been running for an extended period of time, it may shut off to prevent damage. Try moving the display to a well-ventilated area, or allow it to cool down before using it again.
- The display might be experiencing a power issue. Check the power cord to make sure it is securely plugged in to both the display and the wall outlet. If the display is plugged in to a surge protector or power strip, try plugging it directly in to the wall outlet to see if this fixes the issue.
- There might be a problem with the display's hardware. If the display is still under warranty, you should contact Sony for service. If the display is not under warranty, you may need to take it to a repair shop to have it fixed.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Not finding what you are looking for?