20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Need wiring and 9pin connector diagram
Dell (Altec Lansing) A425 Subwoofer Pinouts
This is a standard female DB-9 serial port.Here are the pinouts.Pin 1 = Left Speaker Out +Pin 2 = Left Speaker Out - (Common Ground)Pin 3 = Left Line In +Pin 4 = Right Line In +Pin 5 = Left/Right line In - (Common Ground)Pin 6 = Right Speaker Out +Pin 7 = Right Speaker Out - (Common Ground)Pin 8 = Power APin 9 = Power BJumper (short) Power A to B to turn on.If you want a volume control you need to put one on the inputs. You will buy buy a stereo volume control or potentiometer.Here is some info on how to do this.http://g4tv.com/screensavers/features/43665/Pump-Up-The-Volume.html
MODEL A425 main ic number
This chip is NOT going to be available commercially. The programming will be proprietary and owned by Altec.
Altec Lansing MX6021 Expressionist ULTRA 2.1
The "pluc pluc pluc" noise you're hearing from your Altec Lansing MX6021 Expressionist ULTRA 2.1 speakers could be a sign of a few different issues. Here are a few things you can try:
- Check the cables: Make sure all cables are connected properly and there are no loose connections. Try using a different cable to see if that solves the problem.
- Check the power supply: Ensure that the power supply is plugged in and working properly. Try using a different power outlet or power supply to see if that solves the problem.
- Check the volume: Make sure that the volume on your device is turned up and the speakers are not on mute.
- Try a different device: Connect the speakers to a different device to see if the issue is with your laptop or the speakers.
- Check for software updates: Visit the Altec Lansing website to see if there are any software updates or firmware updates available for your speakers.
If none of these solutions work, it may be time to consider contacting Altec Lansing customer support or a professional audio technician for further assistance.
Not finding what you are looking for?