20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How do you empty the waste ink tank on canon i990
- Heres a canon link for finding your nearest service centre http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/services_locator/index.aspx
However, you may want to review the following links - which explain how to do the cleaning yourself
Theres a number of solutions on this link
This is not your exact model - but maybe useful to watch
Theres some instructions on this post on how to clean
- http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/41279 But Beware of causing any damage
on Dec 01, 2018
Red color dosn't work
Either the print cartridge is clogged or empty. Remove the cartridge, use a clean paper towel slightly moistened to gently rub the cartridge ink port, then reinstall and run the head cleaning feature (see your documentation that came with the printer).
on Apr 08, 2014
I am getting 'Service Error
1: Remove Cartridge
2: Unplug the AC Power Cord
3: Hold down the RESUME button
4: Release RESUME after plugging in the AC Power cord.
5: Press the RESUME once within 5 seconds and release the RESUME .
6: Press and HOLD RESUME for two seconds or more and release it.
7: Press and HOLD RESUME for two seconds or more and release it.
8: Unplug AC Power Cord to set data.
on Jul 06, 2011
Our canon i990 is repeatedly
The waste ink pad holds the excess ink wiped from the printhead. The warning comes very early in some models. You can remove and clean yourself - can be very messy, take in for service - rather costly or use this set of instructions to eliminate the warning. Mine has been disabled for more than a year without any problem.
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
on Jan 30, 2011
My printer has been working fine and suddenly the
Had the same problem with mine. Printer couldn't even detect the printhead. I removed the ink tanksraised the grey lever and lifted the printhead out. After cleaning the copper contacts with a kleenex and contact spray (penetrating oil), I refitted everything. My i990 now works as new.
on Jan 13, 2011
I have a canon i990
I experienced the same problem with my i990.
Tried everything software-wise, nothing worked. The printhead was not even detected by the printer. I then took it out (remove ink tanks- then open grey lever and simply lift out the printhead) I cleaned the copper electrical contacts at the back with contact spray or penetrating oil on a kleenex tissue and the refitted everything. It works as new.
on Jan 12, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?