20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Error code 5100
- Look inside for a tiny object like a piece of paper, a staple...
- The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks
to when it's not in use) may be not lubricated well enough . Lubricate
the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or
the black caps); this repair probably require to remove the right panel
off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism.
- Clean the timing strip: there is a thin plastic strip running
across the width in front of and below the drive belt: there are fine
black vertical lines on this strip. If the strip gets a piece of crud
on it, you get an error during the start-up sequence.Gently clean this
strip with a damp lint-free tissue.
Saying not compatable
Hello. You have to know what Windows System you have on your computer. You also need to look on the box of the printer to see what it is compatible with.
Change font size
You need to go to format and than pick font and it will take you to a section where you will be able to change the font size.
Printer will not print in black was the first
1- Pull the cartridges out,
restart printer then reinstall the cartridges again
2- The blinking can
mean any of these: paper out, paper jam, cover
open, printing error. Please check that there is enough paper, no paper jam
(sometimes even the smallest piece of paper will cause that error, then restart
both (the printer and the computer)
Get error message: ink waste absorber full
After a predetermined number of cleaning cycles the ink receptacle (a box with some kind of absorbing material in it) is considered full. Officially you should send the printer to a Canon shop to replace that box and reset the counter. In reality you can clean the box yourself - pour running water over the box. Of course you should do that only if it's really necessary - ink is dripping out of the printer(if you are a moderate home user this is never going to happen)
How to reset the counter:
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Not finding what you are looking for?