20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My Canon printer won't shut off
On solution may be to: go into the Control Panel to Printers and clear all print commands...even if one isn't showing, clear anyway.
How can i install my printer without a cd
please follow steps to setup your printer
Install a printer driver locally
Installing a printer driver is a Windows function, not a PowerPoint one. Before installing a printer driver, quit PowerPoint and your other programs.
Read over the installation instructions that came with your printer. When in doubt, follow the instructions there rather than the ones below.
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Double-click "Printers & Faxes"
- Double-click "Add Printer" to start the Add Printer Wizard
The Add Printer Wizard Welcome screen
Local or Network Printer
- Click "Local Printer"
- Make sure there's NO checkmark next to "Automatically detect and install ..."
- Click Next
Select a Printer Port
- If your printer is actually attached to the computer, click "Use the following port" and select the port your printer's attached to.
- If you're installing a driver only to keep PowerPoint happy, choose LPT1: or FILE: (it doesn't really matter, since you'll never actually print to the port)
- If you're installing a local driver but need to print to a network printer, look for the printer's port on the network and choose it, if available. If not, choose LPT1: for now. You can change the setting later.
- Click Next (please select canon from list)
Install Printer Software
- If installing a real printer, select your printer manufacturer and printer model here.
- If you have an installation disk or CD that came with the printer, click "Have Disk" and locate the INF file for the printer (check the printer's documentation for specific instructions).
- If installing a printer only to keep PowerPoint happy, choose the HP LaserJet 4V/4MV as we've done here
- Click Next
Name Your Printer
- Give the printer a name (this is the name you'll use to select it later)
- If installing a printer just to make PowerPoint happy, you might want to give it a name that indicates it isn't a real physical printer (PPT Pacifier, or the like)
- Click "Yes" under "Do you want to use this printer as the default printer" (this option may not appear in all Windows versions; see Notes below)
- Click Next
- Click "Do not share this printer"
- Click Next
Print Test Page
Completing the Add Printer Wizard
- Review your choices. Click Back if you need to change anything
- Click Finish
My printer won't recognise the new ink cartirdges
Canon support code 1660 indicates a cartridge error. It usually occurs when you do not install ink cartridges properly into the printer. As and when it shows error 1660 with your Canon device, you will not be able to take the printing session further. Also, you will notice that the printing process becomes slow and sluggish. When your Canon Printer strikes with error 1660, you will notice that the orange light of your device will blink four times.
This error can even make the printing process slow and sluggish. If you want to experience hassle-free printing, then you have to troubleshoot the Canon support code 1660. If you are a Canon printer user and facing this problem on your device, just go through this article to fix this error quickly.
Some Reasons that make Canon support code 1660:
>>Improper installation of the ink cartridges.
>>Misplacement of the ink cartridges.
>>Damaged or clogged ink cartridges.
>>If the printing machine is not eligible to recognize the ink tank then you may face this error.
Don't take tension while Canon support code 1660
appears on the screen. if you want an instant solution or Expert advice checks the mentioned blog.
Getting message...waste in absorber almost full on
Firstly, it might be important to note that the waste ink absorber is a little pad that sits under the cartridge's "home" position and collects any loose ink that may be on the cartridge. This prevents smudges, so it's a good thing to have. Many ink jet printers have them, but as far as I know, only Canon PIXMA printers display an error when a certain internal counter suggests that the ink absorber may be full. If you've done a lot of printing, the ink absorber may actually be full and you might need to have it cleaned or replaced to ensure the best printing quality. However, if you haven't printed that much or you have and you just need to print something right this minute, there is a way to reset the counter and stop the error from showing up again. Until the counter reaches a certain unknown point, that is, in which case you'll have to repeat the procedure.
Heres a canon link for finding your nearest service centre http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/services_locator/index.aspx
However, you may want to review the following links - which explain how to do the cleaning yourself
Theres a number of solutions on this link
This is not your exact model - but maybe useful to watch
Theres some instructions on this post on how to clean
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/41279 But Beware of causing any damage
The error number 1660, how do i reset the printer
You don't reset the printer, you reset the cartridges. If the inks have a little circuit board on them you go online and buy a chip resetter, or you buy refilled cartridges that have a new chip on them already. There is nothing in the printer to make it take refilled inks.
Ink cartridge (not) installed properly
Did you make sure that the colored tape was removed from the back of the ink cartridges? The manufacture puts the tape on there to protect the circuits during shipping. If the tape is still there it would not be able to communicate with the printer or computer.
Printer not printing
fitting a new computer requires a driver for the printer installed on the new printer
it is the pc that controls the printer , not the other way round
The thing that pulls the cartridges back n forth has come off.
hi yes it can be fixed, you need to take of a few covers and get it back down the carriage unit and put back on the belt.
its not that bad of a job prob worst is working out how the covers come off.
once they are off its a 5 minute job.
Ink waste absorber
Waste absorber is full. Where is the waste ink absorber and how do I empty it?
Printing on photo
Please scan the document in JPEG format and then take the printout, as TIFF format is suitable for text files and not images. After scanning, check whether the file is in JPEG format or not. If not then you can convert it into JPEG format by using MS Office picture manager or simply MS Paint.
Please do accept the solution and revert for further assistance.
Not finding what you are looking for?