Canon MultiPASS F50 All-In-One InkJet Printer - Answered Questions & Fixed issues
Print pattern does not come
Hello, It sounds like the print head is blocked or lacking ink. When you buy a new printer they are only around 60% full from the factory. Try changing the cartridge or, get it refilled and see if that fixes the problem. Also try a test print and see how that looks. Nine times out of ten its the ink.
on Mar 23, 2011
Alarm message says "cartridge jammed". Does that
What you see moving is the print carriage. The carriage moves the cartridge, adjacent to the printhead, back and forth.
Although the carriage is moving, the ink cartridge can not dispense ink because an obstruction is
blocking the path of the ink.
Remove the ink cartridges, inspect the cartridges as well as the cartridge holders for any foreign debris and reinstall.
If the alarm message continues, I suggest changing the ink cartridges.
on Feb 17, 2011
I got this printer at a yard sale but no drivers
You can download the software from manufacturer's support website by clicking this link
On the page which opens, select the operating system
of your computer (Windows XP/ Vista..) from the drop-down menu (See attached image
Then download the required drivers and software.
The list of available software and drivers will load only after selecting the operating system of the computer.
Hope this solves your problem. Thanks for using FixYa.
on Jan 20, 2011
My printer won't print. It says wrong cartridge,
Follow these steps:-
- On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)
Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.
- Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.
Reseat the Print head
- Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.
- Make sure the printer is powered on.
- Press the <Open> button (1), and then lift up the scanning unit (2).
The print head holder automatically moves to the center of the machine.
- Lift up the locking lever, and then remove the print head. The print head can be removed with the ink tank still inside.
- Replace the print head, and then press down on the locking lever.
- When the LCD displays the following, press the <Set> button.
The machine will print a vertical line pattern.
- In column A on the printout, note which box has the most solid image. Note the value next to this box and use the [<] or [>] button on the operation panel to enter it. Then press the <Set> button.
Note: If you have difficulty on Column A when choosing between two patterns, use the larger value number.
- Repeat step 7 for columns B to F. If you have difficuly choosing between patterns for Columns D, E or F, use the smaller value number.
- When values for all vertical columns on the printout have been entered, the LCD will display [LAT LINE PATTERN] and a lateral (horizontal) pattern will print.
- Review the lateral pattern printout, noting which solid box in Column G on the printout has the most solid image.
- For the G column printed pattern, use the [<] or [>] button to scroll to the value with the most solid box in the column.
Note: If you have difficulty on Column G when choosing between two patterns, use the smaller value number.
- Repeat steps 11 and 12 for Column H on the printout.
- When print head alignment is complete, the machine will return to standby mode.
If the problem persists then you will need to take your device for repair, for possible Print head faulty
Thanks for using Fixya.
Good Luck and have a nice day.
on Jun 10, 2010
Will not copy B & W document. Have put in new
Usage of compatible ink and leave the printer idle too long may cause printhead clogging
What should you do if you get this problem. Relax; you may recover the printhead by unclogging it. Follow these steps to unclog the printhead
1. Right click in the printer driver name
2. Select Properties menu
3. Click Maintenance tab
4. Click on cleaning sign for regular cleaning. Perform this up to 3 times.
5. If this does not work, perform Deep Cleaning
And if that not work
Some times it needs a good clean up but this is up to you if you want to do this,
But after you done this prime the printer so it gets the inks back in the heads, it may take a little time for the inks to work.
There is fluid cleaner for this but I can never find any in the shops the only ones I seen is when they sell them in Tesco but they come in with the ink refill bottles so I just use worm water by it self on a cloth and dabbing on the heads to clean them, it will not harm the heads but not to much water.
Some heads are on the inks them self but some have them inside the printer so I not know your printer so if the heads are inside you need to get them out you may find that some heads will just clip out put some need to be unscrewed so you got to know how they come out so be careful and not push to hard on them, if the heads are on the ink then it is a easy job to clean them,
It worth a try it worked for me more than ones.
Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
on May 06, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?