20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Canon i960 will not print in black ink
Yep same as above. Black prints very light gray after 5 years of good printing. Tried every test, replaced black cartridges with different brands. Just wondering if somehow you can clean the heads. I'm convinced the black head is almost totally clogged. Does anyone know how to remove the printer heas to do this?
Color not printing correctly.
I have a doc printed off the web, about cleaning the i960 if you leave me your email address I will post it to you. I do not have the web site details unfortunately. The information contains details of how to remove print head and clean etc.
12/29/2012 11:20:07 AM •
on Dec 29, 2012
Canon i960 blinking 4 orange
Welcome to Fixya. Can you please provide which light is blinking orange and green so that we can provide you a solution to fix the issue. How many consecutive blinks and/or is it alternating to orange and green.
I've tried several "fixes" and none have worked so
You can try reseating the print head.
Click on Service and Support, then type in 5 flashing lights. Click on the first result, then the first on the solutions list.
The trouble light flashes and tells me to hit the
You might have to uninstall the printer restart your computer then reinstall your printer
click start control panel administrive tools computer management device manager scroll to ports(COM&LPT) + to expand you should see a communication port and Ecp printer port you might see a yellow?question mark this will mean you need to install a new driver for this device right click you will have options to update driver,disable,uninstall or select properties again you will have the similiar options also you can troubleshoot the device
you could run the check disk utility
click start run type cmd then type chkdsk/r/f which will scan for and attempt to repair any bad sectors and automatically fix any corrupt files on your hard drive then defragment your hard drive or
control panel administrive tools,computer management ,disk management right click on your drive select properties click tools you should see click check now click start two boxes automatically fix files and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors place then a tick in both boxes then select check now,start should schedule this task when restart
hope this helps
My blue ink is not working. I have tried
Issues in color printer are many. The most common one is the non-printing of color prints. This issue might be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers in your printer. When the driver installed in a color printer is corrupted or not installed correctly it might lead to issues. So in order to solve this issue you need to install or replace the corrupted driver with a new powerful driver; or reinstall the driver since the issue might be due to wrong installation of drivers.
My printer won't print black. ink is full, other
I would like to share with you my personal experience with printer issues. I have canon i455 printer which has black & blue color clogged. Here is the solution:
1. Buy Ethyl-alcohol/ethanol solution (70% or more). You can purchase this at any drug stores. Isopropyl alcohol may work as well.
2. Remove both cartridges from the printer head. Unplug the printer head from the printer body. Pour the alcohol liquid into paper towel layer (use more layer/thick to avoid ink from being drop into table).
3. put the printer head on the top of wet towel - with the face of HEAD touching the towel.
4. rub the head to the towel until you get rid of built-up ink on the head.
5. Pour some alcohol liquid into the printer head container (ink-receptacle area where the ink cartridge normally sits (there should be a little hole down in there where the ink actually flows from the cartridge into the head). Be careful do not touch the electronic parts. Let's dry overnight.
6. repeat step 2-5 if necessary.
7. Install the cartridge back to the printer and run several head cleaning maintenance, print nozzle check, repeat until no more dead nozzle shown.
I just replaced the black and cyan ink in my i960
Run the Canon printer-software to launch a "print-head-cleaning" task,
because you may have "clogged" ink-jets, so that no ink can be sprayed onto the paper.
Test to see if FIXYA "censors" some words:
Start with the word CALM ( calm ) and swap the middle letters: **** ( **** ),
as in the ****-shell model of Apple portable computer,
or a cell-phone that opens like a ****-shell.
Do you see <star><star><star><star> instead of the word?
How about STUCK ( stuck ) and omit the 'T' to become: **** ( **** ),
as in "the printer sucks ink from the ink-tanks and jets the ink onto the paper".
Not finding what you are looking for?