20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Tv will not power on
Fault to the main power supply regulator section. Either it will be a separate board, or the part of main board. Check and replace damaged component/s at its main power regulator [SMPS] section circuit. Contact any service technician. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts.
How do i adjust the screen to 1080p?
If you are connected to a PC. Adjust the resolution from the PC to 1920x1080. If are using any media players ( Bluray, WD TV live, Apple TV) the screen will be automatically adjusted to the content you are playing.
How do I use a jump drive to display a power point presentation on my TV?
It means it is only for putting new firmware onto the tv. You won't be able to load anything through this USB port. The TV is looking for a specific filename to run and even if you named your powerpoint presentation the right name, the TV will not be able to display it.
Your next best option is to get a DVD player that has a USB port for MEDIA and load a slideshow of IMAGES. You'll have to export your PowerPoint as images first (obviously).
My 40in SEIKI TV turns on and the screen goes black but has sound
Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting:
- Check the connections: Make sure that all the connections between your TV, cable box, or streaming device are securely plugged in.
- Check the settings: Make sure that the TV is set to the correct input, and that the cable box or streaming device is set to the correct output.
- Check the backlight: Some TVs have a backlight setting that can be adjusted. Make sure that the backlight setting is not turned off or set too low.
- Check for a firmware update: Check if there's any firmware updates available for your TV and make sure that it's up to date.
- Check the cable: If the cable that connects the TV to the wall outlet is damaged, the TV won't turn on. Try unplugging the TV, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in.
- Check the T-Con Board: T-Con board is a small circuit board that connects the LCD panel to the main board. It could be malfunctioning, which is causing the image not to display.
- Contact the manufacturer: If none of the above solutions work, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer for further assistance, your TV may require repair or replacement.
Seiki SE42FYT turns off after logo appears across screen
Please disconnect all accessories. Then turn on your tv again. Please make sure that neither the power button on the tv or that on your remote is stuck because this could lead to the issues that you've mentioned. Otherwise, you'd need to factory reset your tv.
Seiki model number SE39ITS. I have a 43 inch HD television.
Press the Mute button ONCE. It is a toggle switch so if you press it twice for good luck, it goes back to mute.
Or try a Power Reset. Switch off and remove the wall plug. Wait 10 minutes. Hold down the power button as you plug it back in.
If the button is physically stuck, remove the batteries, put one drop of water on the button and leave if 5 minutes. With a damp cloth, work the button and it should release..
I would like to repair a relatively newish TV?
It could be due to overheating or a capacitor issue. DIY would involve use of a multimeter and a lot of patience and knowledge to track the specific problem. It is pretty clear it is not a timer issue as the TV remains on only 5 seconds. A repair at a shop could cost hundreds. The model has not been listed, rendering it impossible to even look up the troubleshooting section of a manual much less find a part. You might google the brand and model and the problem and find something or try forums or support for the TV on the manufacturer's site. I think it long odds to find its service manual posted but you can try googling such a search.
I presume you have covered the basics such as a bad power supply cord. Worn wiring could cause such an effect.
Why does the tv turn off?
That sounds like an overheating issue. Check the air vents in the back and edges. Look inside for a cooling fan.
Not finding what you are looking for?