I'll need a little clarification to diagnose this but my guess is that you have something blocking the path of the printhead.
There are two possible diagnoses...
1. Service error: This is when the waste ink pads are full.. It's indicated by both ink and paper lights alternating with each other. I doubt very much this is the problem...
2. General or "Fatal" error: This is when something stops the printhead from doing its job and usually follows something like a paper jam where something has been left behind or been pulled out of alignment when clearing the jam. I'm betting on this being the case.
Here's a few things to try.
- Check to see if the printhead can move the full width of the printer. Note any areas it has problems reaching like the parking pad.
- If you can identify an area that it's stopping at, note the direction of travel and see if there's anything in the way or out of place in that direction.
- A common one is a bit of paper that's become covered in ink making it hard to see, sticking up and blocking the path.
- Another is the parking pad or cleaning station being pulled out of position.
- Check that all the rollers and paper guides are uniform and there's no obvious lifting. Sometimes they can be pulled out of alignment and just need nudge (carefully!) back into position.
Anything else is going to rely on you reporting back with a bit more information in detail as to where the printer is stopping, and any additional observations... The more you can provide, the easier it will be to solve the problem.
Regarding the solution from top_class... This would do more damage and solve none of your problem.. I suggest you ignore it.