Questions & Answers
When i power up cartridge
Sometimes the ink cartridge carrier won't automatically move to its loading position even when the printer is on and the cover is open. Just unplug the printer from the power source. With the cover open, hold the solid white strip and gently slide the cartridge carrier to the center of the printer. Remove the used cartridges. Load the new cartridges. Close the cover. Plug the printer back to the power source.
53 views | 0 helpful votes
When I turn on
Try to open the printer and remove the cartridges. Close the cover. Unplug the printer from the power source. Replug after 10 seconds. That should give the printer enough time to rest. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges. If lights flash and you're still not able to print, you may refer to this article on Printing Failure Errors and Lights Flashing on the Printer.
You can also contact Lexmark technical support for additional assistance. Thanks.
44 views | 0 helpful votes
Lexmark z55, 5 paper feed blinks and 2 blinks from
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the
problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and
move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon
cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on
the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see.
Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the
strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you
slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will
not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the
power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure.
During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able
to use the printer.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge
at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks
with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
334 views | 2 helpful votes
I own a Lexmark z55 printer and every time i even
There are lots of possible reasons why it's happening.
1. Printer compatibility - Make sure that the printer is compatible with the operating system of your computer.
2. Correct driver - Be sure that you installed the correct printer driver for the printer to the computer.
3. Printer connection - check if the printer is properly connected to the computer.
4. Printer settings - Go to the printer properties and make sure that your printer is set as the default printer.
You may refer to the user manual for trouble-shooting guide.
88 views | 0 helpful votes
it could mean a lot of things. it could mean that:
1. there are cartridges installed.
2. the cartridges are not properly installed.
3. the access cover/scanner lid is open.
for more solutions, please check the user's guide.
73 views | 0 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?