20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Error message: 38 memory full
you may have some corruption on the power point .
try printing only one page at a time.
if it refuses to print a certain page you have found the issue.
995 engine error
it is in reference to the photoconducter cartridge.
1. shut off power to printer. Pull your photoconducter unit out and check the position of the black marker located on the edge of the tranferbelt. I know one time I was fortunate enough to fix this error by rotating the photoconducter belt so that the marker was in a different position. Becareful not to touch the photoconducter belt (green shiny part) if at all posible. Reinstall the unit and power up.
2. If the above trick doesn't fix it after turning the printer off for a few minutes and you still get the same error when printing... You will have to replace the photoconducter unit.
tell me incase any issues
Line on paper
turn on/off, unplug, plug in, should reset configs.
take all the paper out, put half as much back in.
check the rollers to make sure no paper or particles are stuck. check rollers
go to applications folder for your computer, dbl click printer icon for make of printer. check settings. print 'test document and clean cartridge heads', this should ensure proper printing formats and remove lines.
lastly, go to web site of printer model and check site for trouble shooting if this does not work above.
hope this helps and good luck
BW print OK Color print has 'smudge' as well as
Sounds like you have color toner contamination in the print engine, It could be the toner cartridges spilling toner, or cleaning modules, take them out carefully and clean them, it also could be the waste toner bottle needs emptying. Take care not to inhale toner particles.
C510 printer displays "994 Service Engine Error". How do you addr
Here you go, courtsey of Lexmark's Knowlwdgebase.
994 Service Engine Error on a Lexmark C510
If your printer is unable to move the photodeveloper belt to the correct position during printing, a 994
error will occur. However, it may simply be the case that the photodeveloper is either contaminated with excess toner or improperly installed. To test for and resolve this issue, please do the following:
- Power the printer off and remove the photodeveloper cartridge.
- Rotate the green metallic photodeveloper belt by manually turning the white drive gear on the bottom of the cartridge until the black positioning markers are visible.
- If necessary, carefully wipe any excess toner powder from the positioning markers using a soft, lint-free cloth or tissue.
- While the top cover of the printer is still open, inspect the sensor that is used to locate the positioning markers on the belt. CAUTION! The photodeveloper is very sensitive to light. Cover the green metallic surface of the photodeveloper with a piece of paper while it is outside the printer.
- Refer to this image, this image, and this image to identify the location of the sensor.
- Verify that the sensor has not come loose from its housing and that it is not contaminated with excess toner powder. If necessary, clean the sensor with a soft, lint-free cloth or tissue.
- Re-install the photodeveloper cartridge and power the printer back on.
- If the error remains, it is likely that a service call will be necessary to resolve this issue. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support, having first obtained the serial number of your printer. NOTE: If practicable, attempt to order another photodeveloper and replace it first to avoid the inconvenience of a potentially unnecessary service call.
Smudges lexmark c510
First check the rollers of the fuser assembly and drum are free of any greasy spots as if somebody touched them with dirty hands. if they are clean, you may have dirt on the lenses inside of the laser imaging compartment and to clean you must be careful not to scratch them or move them out of alignment. moving the lenses invites a totally different trouble, and plus they are plastic for some reason maybe it is economical that way use a micro fiber cloth only.
Lexmark C500 LL code
If you're confident all the connections are ok, the fault is either the laser or engine board, i would replace the laser first
hello, goto advanced properties of the printer and see can you run a maintaince on it, this usually fix's the fault... let me know how you get on...
check with the people that produce your accounting software.
If you can produce an acceptable test page from your printer, its not the printer.
Not finding what you are looking for?