20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Type of JAVA
java.applet(PersonalJava only), java.awt and sub-packages, java.beansjava, iojava.lang and sub-packages, java.lang.reflect, java.math, java.net, java.rmi and sub-packages, java.security, java.sql, java.text
The P300 has 3 kinds of reset mechanisms, 1. Soft Reset: you can keep all DRAM data.
Procedure: Push the Reset button
2. Hard Reset/Save SDRAM -- Use hard reset/save SDRAM mode to reset the MobilePro P300 without losing the data in SDRAM. Use this mode if the safe software reset mode doesn't improve system operation.
Procedure: Reset Button and Power Buttons at the same time.
3. Hard Reset/ Clear SDRAM: You will lose all data. Use to reset the MobilePro P300 and delete the contents of SDRAM. Use this mode to reset the MobilePro P300 to its factory defaults. This is also referred to as a hard reset/clear SDRAM. **Caution** This procedure will delete all user installed applications and user data. If necessary, back up your data before performing the hard reset.
Procedure: Push the Reset, Power, and Record Buttons at the same time
Why won't my p300 read my sd card?
What is the memory capacity of the card? if its more than the required sd card memory capacity compatible for the phone it may not read it. normally this phone supports up to 1gb sd card
My P300 won't sync
You can prevent this issue by making sure the P300 is turned on before putting it in the cradle.
This is limitation of the current operating system.
Synch or move files
The Pocket PC 2002 software allows you to transfer files over to the MobilePro P300. Please look under "Synchronization" in the Getting Started Guide for details on your particular situation.
Additional s/w support
Support can be found on the NEC Computers website, by calling NEC at 1-800-632-4525, or by contacting some of our software partners at the following locations:
Insignia(Java VM): www.insignia.com/products/qa.asp
Ruksun(Voice Messenger Force): www.ruksun.com/mobile_computing/windowsce/faq.html
Packet Video(PV Player): www.pv.com/uMobilePro P300te/faq.asp
At this time there is no blue tooth option from NEC. There are third party venders (Socketcom.com) that have a CF blue tooth card. NEC will have a built-in Blue tooth model Q2 CY02.
Exhaust my main battery
It is estimated that you will have a few days to recharge your battery if the battery is exhausted.
SD is slower
SD is approximately 1/2 the speed of CF, but the benefit is that SD uses almost 1/2 the power consumption of a CF card. Additionally, it leaves the CF slot available for different I/O cards.
Sync via IR
There are a number of things to check:
* You should first make sure that the PC that you are synchronizing with has an IR port.
* If you have Palm software loaded, you should disable it.
* If your PC has an IR port, then you should verify that the Microsoft ActiveSync software settings are correct. To do this you open the Microsoft ActiveSync window on your desktop and go to File --> Connection Settings and verify that the box that allows infrared connection is checked and the IRDA is selected.
* Change the angle of the unit and make sure that there is nothing interfering with your signal.
* Try removing the LCD protection cover.
Not finding what you are looking for?