20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Installing files directly to an SD card
You can use the HotSync process to install files directly to an SD card, rather than having install first to your devices internal memory then the SD card.
1. Insert an SD expansion card into device.
2. Launch the Install Tool on your desktop computer: from the Windows Start menu, choose Programs, then Palm or Handspring (dependin on your device), then Install Tool.
3. Make sure the correct user name is chosen from the pulldown menu at the top of the Install Tool window.
4. Drag and drop files from your hard drive into the Install Tool window.
File types supported on all devices:
* Palm OS applications (.prc)
* Palm OS database (.pdb)
Additional file types supported on certain devices:
* MP3 music (.mp3)
* Pictures (.jpg or .jpeg)
Please refer to your device's documentation to learn how to use these additional file types on your device, if applicable.
5. In the Install Tool, click on the file. Then click on the "Change destination" button at the bottom of the Install Tool window.
6. Move the file to the column for the SD card. Click OK.
7. Perform a HotSync operation.
Help setting alarms
To set an alarm for an event:
1. Create a new event or double-click an existing event.
2. In the New/Edit Event dialog box, select the Alarm check box.
3. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
4. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
5. Click OK.
To set a default alarm for all new events:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Date Book tab.
3. Select the Alarm Preset check box.
4. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
5. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
6. Click OK.
Setting Alarm Options
You can configure the Alarm Manager settings for the Desktop application in the Alarm tab of the Options dialog box.
To set Alarm options:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Alarms tab and click one of the following actions:
* Always available: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear regardless of whether the Desktop application is running.
* Available only when Palm Desktop is running: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear only when the Desktop application is running.
* Disabled: Click this option if you do not want alarm notifications to appear on your computer.
3. If you want an alarm tone to sound when the alarm notification message appears, click Play audible notification with alarm dialog.
4. Click OK.
I have a T5 that
I will advice you power off your tungsten, if you cannot power it off, try remove the battery on your tungsten, after removing the battery, wait for some minutes before putting it back, power it on after fixing the battery, while the tungsten is been powered on, as it is loading or booting, remove the battery again, put the battery back later and see the performance.
It died! wont reboot I just get the palm powered
You got corrupted phone software that is why your phone won't boot up. The best thing here to do is take out the memory card of your phone. Power on your phone without the card. Now if the booting is successful. format the memory card using a card reader and place it back to your phone after doing it.
T5 is frozen on the "Palm Powered" screen
Remove the battery and let the palm sit for a day, reconnect the battery and do a hard reset. To remove the battery, you need a Torx T5 screwdriver. Carefully remove the cover making a note of the location of all the buttons in the case. The battery is connected by a mini 2 pin connector, just disconnect the battery by gently wiggling the connector and pulling.
When I use my Palmone T5 calendar it will not save
You might want to try a a hard reset. This will erase everything on your hand held so you might want to try the free palm chat that palm offers. Here is a link to that. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see Palm Chat. Click on the link that says Chat Now and follow the directions. Best wishes.
Synch problem after installation
If your cradle is connected to a serial port, you will need to ensure that HotSync Manager is configured to use Serial Ports. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click the HotSync Manager icon in the Windows system tray.
2. If there is a check mark next to the 'Local Serial' menu item, then you are already configured.
3. If there is not a check mark, click the 'Local Serial' option.
For more information, refer to the handbook that came with your handheld. If you did not uninstall your previous version of Palm Desktop, the configuration will be done automatically.
This is a common problem with the Tungsten line, You can try doing a hard reset. This worked for my E2. If that doesn't work, the battery must be removed for a few hours. Although it still may not work after the battery removal.
** To preform a hard reset, hold down the power button, and push the reset button on the back of the unit. The top of your stylus unscrews to expose a "plastic pin" for this purpose. Keep holding down the reset button while the unit reboots. You should see a palm screen displayed while it restarts, let go of the power button and follow the instructions. Pressing up on the pad ring should erase all data.
What are "themes
They use icons based on lets say western as in hat, boots, etc., and the front screen is a cowtown.
I've had the same problem. Mostly I've found that it is a corruption with the documents to go database. (I'm using version 7). To make the error go away, you can delete the docs to go application and the documents and then reload both (make sure you set the desktop to override the handheld until you've got the docs back on your PDA.) I'm considering upgrading to docs to go v10 to see if this will fix the problem ...
Dead Tungsten E2 screen
Screen edges have come undone. Send in to have digitizer replaced. To attepmt it yourself could be futile
Not finding what you are looking for?