20 Most Recent
- Page 6 Questions & Answers
What features does IP Lite bring to the WS-C2960XR-24TS-I?
IP Lite introduced enterprise access Layer 3 features to the Cisco WS-C2960XR-24TS-I. IP Lite is subset of IP Base features. Some of the IP Lite features are:
Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v1
Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v2
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) v2 Routed Access
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) v3 Routed Access
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) stub
Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
Protocol Independent Multicast PIM (Sparse Mode, Dense Mode, Sparse Dense Mode, Source Specific Multicast) stub
Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for IPv4
IPv6 First Hop Security source guard
Per-VLAN and per-port policers
on Apr 17, 2015
Hi, I currently purchased, Cisco 1941/K9 with 2 onboard GE, 2 EHWIC slots, 1 ISM slot, 256MB CF default, 512MB DRAM default, IP Base.
1) FR should be supported in IPBase license
>>Offers features found in IPBase IOS image on ISR 1800,2800 and 3800 + Flexible Netflow + IPV6 parity for IPV4 features present in IPBase.
note X.25 is mentioned in the first table FR it isn't.
2) You need to purchase a PAK and you should be able to generate the DATA license SAL from the portal following the instructions (there are also other methods described in the document)
3) you need SEC for IPSec VPN it means another PAK to buy
4) yes you can install all of the additional licenses in a single device
5) yes, they build on IP Base so you add features without removing any
6) no, the new device will be already with the correct licences from factory
>> On each shipped device IPBase software activation key is installed by default. Additional keys are installed by manufacturing depending on the customer order.
7) yes with the UC PAK
Hope to help
on Mar 24, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?