20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have aSamsung X15 lop
Could be a defective hard drive. Another option is to download a "live CD" version of linux and attempt to run the system from that to verify if the hard drive is good. If the hard drive is good then do a low level format and then re-attempt your XP install.
on Jan 05, 2018
Have no drivers for samsung x15
Use a computer that has Internet connection to download the Samsung drivers and then copy the drivers to an USB memory stick to install on your Samsung laptop.
You can download the device drivers from the Samsung WEB site. Please click on this link and select your model computer/notebook and the Windows drivers you require :-. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/
on Sep 02, 2012
I cant change my desktop background ..
To change the desktop background:
1. Go to Start>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Change desktop background.
2. This will bring up picture location : desktop background. You will see boxes next to all the different pictures that you can select as wallpaper.
3. Select the box next to the picture that you want to choose as your wallpaper(this will put a check in it.)
4. If you want the picture to fill the screen, under picture position, select "Fill."
5. Click "Save Changes." in the lower right of the window.
Another way to change the wallpaper-
1. Right click an empty spot on your desktop.
2. Click on Personalize. (This will bring up the personalization window with themes in the main window.
3. Click on the blue link "Desktop Background"
3. This will bring up picture location : desktop background. You will see
boxes next to all the different pictures that you can select as
4. Then follow steps 3-5 above.
Hope this is helpful-Thanks for using FixYa.
on Apr 30, 2011
Samsung x15 - Operating system
sounds like an issue with your hard drive. you could try running chkdsk /r either by removing the drive and connecting it to another computer as an axternal drive using a usb hard drive adapter or using something like the hirens boot disc, going into mini xp and do the check there.
on Apr 09, 2011
Pc will not start up
Hi, you do not mention whether you have tried the usual plug fuse etc.
You also don't mention what make/model the PC is, the picture against the problem is of a laptop so I will assume this is what you have.
A common problem is, that if your battery dies it can sometimes cause the laptop not to start. The 1st step will be to remove the battery & try to run it with just the power cord connected, if this works then it means buying a new battery.
If not & you have checked the power socket/fuse etc then I'm afraid it's a visit to the PC doctor.
on Sep 16, 2009
Can't find dvd drive in my samsung x15 plus laptop
turn off the laptop, phsically take out the drive from the computer. Then put it back in and make sure it snaps into place. The turn on the computer and go into the BIOS. It should show up in there now and if it does then it should show up in windows as well.
If you do this and it still doesn't show up in the BIOS, then the drive is bad and would need to be replaced but I feel once you reseat the drive back into the slot, then the laptop should see it again.
on May 18, 2009
Won't boot past windows splash screen
if there wasn't a administrator, then just push enter...
plus you are going into the wrong repair.
1st option in windows setup press enter to continue, then it'll ask you to press F8 to agree.
then it'll search for old installations of windows, when and if it finds one it'll then come up with an option to reapiar...
on Apr 27, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?