Precor Error 05, Key Depressed at Power Up
1. A key is permanently depressed on the display.
2. An interface chip (IC) has failed in the upper PCA's keypad.
3. Liquid (cleaning solution or sweat) may be on the surface of a touch sensitive display.
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the keypad is the cause and should be replaced.
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 still appears, the upper PCA* is the cause and should be replaced. *Upper PCA's most commonly do not come with software. Remove the software (chip) from the existing upper PCA prior to replacement and install into the new upper PCA.
- Wipe away all liquid from the touch sensitive display. Reset power to the unit. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the liquid was the cause.
This link will take you to the parts available for these models. Because most machines are serial number specific, you will need to narrow your search based on your particular model and serial number.
Precor Repair Parts for 9 35 9 35i Treadmills Consumer SPORTSMITH net