20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
My dlink router is not
1. Login to router first and verify that the router status via the rj45 cable (ethernet).
HOW TO ACCESS DLINK WIFI ROUTER BECAUSE OF FORGOTEN PASSWORD
You reset the D-Link back to the factory default by - Press the RESET button at the back of the wireless router when it is powered up. Holt the RESET button foe at least 5 secs until the LEDs flash and then release the RESET button.
You can then configure the D-Link as follows ;-
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Hw to set wirless password :/
Using your browser login into you router and go to the wireless section. There you can set or change the password. You can also use the set-up wizard to do this set-up.
Usually you can login on your browser to you router and go to the management section to check for firmware updates and select that button and it will download and install the firmware. On some models, you have to go to the D-link web site and look for firmware updates for your router. Always check what you current firmware you have installed and check the version of you router modem (A, B, C etc). Then you can manually download the firmware (usually in a ZIP file), open the zip file, and then using your browser connected to the router look for Update Firmware. You will have to go to where (folder) you saved the downloaded update and select that file. It is recommended that you update using a LAN connection and not a wireless connection.
I am trying to install
i recently reformatted my brother's dell computer. I reinstalled windows xp and all the drivers i was using the internet on it by networking it with my wireless dsl service and it was working fine. when i took it to his house i tried installing the quest service with the provided cd disk an it came upon this error message "attempts to ping the modem IP address (192.168.0.1) have failed (error code: QC4010) and cannot conect to internet. called customer service and they told me that i was missing my local area connection file. that i needed to install it. does anyone know how to do this
visit the CBR Tech Solutions
I have changed password of wireless network then my pc can't connect internet
You have to tell your PC what the new password is.
In Windows: Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Manually connect to a wireless network, and then click Next.
On the Enter information for the wireless network you want to add page, under Security type, select WEP.
Complete the rest of the page, and then click Next.
Click Change connection settings.
Click the Security tab, and then, under Security type, click Shared.
Click OK, and then click Close.
Ddsl 104wt cannot find wds setting anywhere
Here is a link to the manual, it will explain how to set up security for the router:
Not finding what you are looking for?