20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Atheros wireless problem
Ok, if your using Vista, what i want you to do is right click "computer" select "manage"
and then "device manager", then click on the + sign next to "network
adapters" and right click on the wireless network and "un-install" the
device, reboot the PC and wait for windows to detect the wireless
card and install the drivers for it, this will appear in the system
tray (bottom right hand side) when its done try to connect again
keep me informed please
regards and don't forget to rate us please
on Jul 20, 2012
Toshiba lap top half screen rainbow lines
Sounds like the screen is going bad. Isolate the problem by plugging an
external monitor to the laptop. Borrow a monitor from a neighbor,
friend, relative or co-worker to plug to the laptop. It can be any kind of monitor even the
old big fat
crt monitors as long as it has a vga cable to connect to your computer's
port. If the Borrowed monitor does not show the rainbow lines, that proves your video card is ok and the problem is
your lcd screen. If the borrowed monitor shows the same rainbow lines it means your video card inside the
computer has the issue.
The video will show
on most systems when you reboot without you having to do anything. Some systems
will require you to hit the FN (Function key) + F1 thru F12. Hold down
the FN key then hit the correct key for displaying on the monitor (F1 thru
F12). The correct key will normally have CRT/LCD on it or it will have
the icon of a display.
on May 19, 2012
I have a toshiba satellite
try these steps, hope they will help you:
1. Copy all your files and documents to an external storage device.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. choose your country and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
10. Click "Yes"
11. you will notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish"
let me know if it helps you.
on Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys my Toshiba m35x
I would think that the internal battery connections have been damaged from the fall. They may only need re-soldering. Any drop on to a hard surface from almost any height can damage your laptop.
on Apr 18, 2011
My laptop wont charge
There's several things that cause this:
- Your ac adaptor could be dead - use a spare one or but a replacement and test.
- The power jack on the laptop could be damaged - you need to have a specialist replace this for you
- The battery could be dead - test with a spare battery if you have one
- If all else fails it means that the motherboard has malfunctioned and needs to be replaced.
It is highly suggested that you bring this system to a professional for repair or purchase a used one with the same specs and swap out your hard drive as it could cost you hundreds to fix this problem. You can buy a used, working one for $250 ob buy it now on ebay, or cheaper if you buy one on a regular auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-Satellite-M35X-S149-1-5GHz-512GB-Ram-60GB-HD-/320664896971?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item4aa91e05cb
on Mar 05, 2011
Computer crashed and says "Missing NTLDR." I have
Hello, before you do anything drastic, my computer crashed and on reboot said the same thing. After panicking (and a cup of tea), I found the bios had defaulted to booting from the wrong disk. All was ok after I set the bios back to boot from the correct disk again.
Hope this helps!
on Jan 01, 2011
Hello, When i turn my computer on the screen
Connect an external monitor and if it works, your problem is the display's backlight or inverter board.
If you were experiencing discoloration in the screen (pinkish lower light hues) before it failed, that would indicate a CCFL backlight issue. If the screen suddenly went dim on you rather than a slow degradation the inverter would be indicated.
In either case, a technician in your area should be able to help. Evaluate to see if the repair is cost-effective.
Hope this helps.
on Oct 28, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?