If you wanted to insert any other operator sim card on your Micromax MMX 610U Airtel USB datacard you really need to unlock it. If you wanted to unlock the modem you will be needing a Software and guide to do the process. Please see the steps below on how to unlock Micromax MMX 610U USB Datacard:
1. First download the software here: Universal Master Code Generator
2. After downloading install the software. Now you need to remove the Airtel SIM card from the modem.
3. Insert a different Operator Sim card.
4. Open the Universal Master Code Generator.
5. Please enter the Micromax MMX 610U IMEI number. You can locate the number on the card.
6. Once you already entered the security code, press calculate. On the left side you will get 2 codes the unlock code and flash code.
7. Connect the modem to your PC, wait until a screen pops up, it will requires you to enter the unlock code.
--> please use the unlock code that was generated in step 6.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.