20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Netgear wireless router reset
Double-click on the LAN icon on the bottom right by your clock and go to the IP that is shown for your default gateway. That will take you to your router, than just manually reset everything.
on Dec 29, 2018
Netgear router - wont connect
In Netgear routers if the tick light is on that mean there are some issues in the router. Normal by resetting the router to factory default can be solve these issues. Please follow the steps below to reset the router.
1. Locate the reset hole at the back of the router.
2. Press the reset button with the help of pen or a pointed object for 15 seconds.
3. Take out the power cable without releasing the reset button.
4. Plug the power back cable without releasing the reset button.
5. Hold the button for 15 more seconds and then release it.
6. Take out the power and plug it back and check the status.
on Oct 18, 2018
I CONNECTED A NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER WGT624 TO MY
You may need to upgrade your Router Firmware. Try going to the Netgear site http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/family/a_id/1297
and select your exact model. Version number is located on the sticker under the Router. Under the downloads section of your model, is a Firmware download. Download the latest version for installation. BE SURE that you connect your computer and router with a Network cable when upgrading the Firmware. DO NOT upgrade firmware over Wireless connection of you could fry the device. To login into the router console click http://192.168.0.1
and enter admin as the username, and password as the password. You will see an upgrade firmware section, point to the new Firmware file you have downloaded and follow the on screen prompts. You will need to setup your SSID and Encryption Password after the upgrade. Netgear Support will walk you through this these steps if you are uncomfortable performing them. Support numbers are here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/984
on Dec 07, 2017
I have my netgear router connected to my modem,
The simplest step may be to right-click on the Wi-fi icon in one of your computers' system tray (bottom right corner of the screen). Click on "Troubleshoot problems". The troubleshooter program will try to identify and fix any of several possible causes. Wait patiently while it searches ....
If the Windows troubleshooter fails to resolve the issue, you can try power-cycling the chain of components by following these steps:
1. Unplug the power cord from the Modem.
2. Unplug the power cord from the Router.
3. Shutdown the computer(s) that need wi-fi.
4. Wait twenty seconds, then plug in the power cord for the Modem. Then wait at least one full minute for the Modem to boot up and settle down.
5. Next, plug in the power cord for the Router. Wait at least thirty seconds for it to fully boot up and settle down.
6. Power on one computer that needs wi-fi. Wait for it to fully boot up and settle down. Check if you have a connection to the Router.
on Nov 27, 2017
Netgear 108 Mbps Router WGT624 v3
As you say that, you are able to go online with the modem, connect your modem- router and laptop witha cable and check if you are able to go online with the router wired first, if yes, then the w/ls settings has to be checked..open your w/ls network connection, remove your preferred wireless network and then try to reconnect again and check.. if you are not able to gon online wired with the router, disconnect power cables from modem- router , wait for 10 sec, and reconnect it , wait till all the lights come up and then reconnect, check if you are able to go online if not your router has to be reconfigured,,
plz check and revert back in case of any issues
on Oct 04, 2017
How can I find my password
If you did not change your password from the default it should be a username of admin and password of password. If you have changed the password and need to change your settings you can reset your password to default by doing a factory reset: To reset unplug the power from the router and hold in the reset button (on the back) for about 5 seconds while while powering on.
on May 12, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?