20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
2007 Lexus gps touch screen
I'm sorry that the touch screen of the Street Pilot is not working. Please reset the GPS Receiver and it should resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps to reset the GPS system:
- Connect the StreetPilot to a power source.
- Turn off the unit.
- Press and hold the "Page" and "Menu" buttons.
- Turn on the StreetPilot while still holding down the "Page" and "Menu" buttons. A confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- Release the "Page" and "Menu" buttons. Tap "Yes" to confirm the reset.
Thanks for understanding. Please let me know if you require further assistance.
on Sep 17, 2011
Back up the unit then do a master reset.
Switch OFF, Press Page + Menu and turn on, holding the buttons for 5 seconds.
Then recalibrate. I did the recalibrate a few times before it was OK. If you use a stylus when the cross appears and hold it on the screen and move it to the corners you can see the error. Make a mental note and go halfway between the two if it does not calibrate at first go. Then when it calibrates, do it again. I recalibrate every now and again. I think it could be a firmware problem. I will try going from 4.8 to an old version
on Sep 08, 2011
I just picked up a Garmin StreetPilot 2610/2650 at
You don't say what problem you are having, and I don't know what you mean by the disc.
The Garmin knows where you are, and for navigation, you don't need to tell it where you live.
You may want to reset the location for "Home" in your favorites.
Some Garmins have a security feature that requires you to enter a password, or be at a specific location, before they can be used. If this feature is enabled, and you don't have the required information, there is no easy way to override it except by sending it back to Garmin.
on Oct 26, 2010
Need replacement part for power cord tip
Get an old plug in from another device, or buy a cheap one at Radio Shack. Take the speaker apart and cut the wires to the old tip. Cut the wires from the new tip leaving a few inches to work with. Solder and tape the new to the old, and put the speaker back together.
on Aug 24, 2010
Garmin 2730 touch screen has failed. cannot get
My 2730 would not calibrate. I saw this on a forum and it worked like a charm.
1) Fill a bowl or sink with warm water and a small amount of neutral soap. AJAX worked for me!!!!
2) Turn the SP2xxx screen down towards the water and immerse the front of the unit in the water.
Using a *soft* toothbrush, *gently* clean around the frame edges of the
screen. With care, the soft bristles should dislodge any foreign object
that may have become lodged between the screen and the unit case.
4) Rinse the front of the unit under running water.
5) Gently dry the outside of the unit with a soft towel or cloth.
6) If desired, leave the unit in a warm airing cupboard overnight to completely dry out.
up the unit and try it out! All reports I've read elsewhere reported
that the touch screen worked again after this process. If it fails, you
were going to send it back to Garmin anyway so you haven't lost
anything by trying it. This worked and I plugged it in right after with hair drying on cool for a couple minutes.
on Aug 28, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?