20 Most Recent Kenwood DP-J2070 CD Player Questions & Answers


Playing CD-RW audio CDs on Kenwood DP-J2070

try to play a song from original cds.
maybe you brunt it in mp3 file, or its a different format. try to burn your song to cd-r.
if still, try to use nero to burner..
if it wont play your original cds and burnt cds,then the optical lens or the board is broken.
hope I helped you.
1/30/2008 9:56:09 PM • Kenwood DP-J2070... • Answered on Jan 30, 2008

Kenwood surround sound receiver krf-7050d stuck on mute

Check the Remote Control: Ensure that the remote control is functioning correctly. Press the MUTE button on the remote control to unmute the sound. The "MUTE" indicator should turn off. Manual Adjustment: Navigate to the receiver's setup menu and locate the audio settings section. Adjust parameters such as bass, treble, balance, and surround sound modes to achieve your desired audio quality. Physical Connections: Verify that all audio cables are securely connected to the appropriate inputs and outputs. Check if any cables are damaged or loose. Speaker Configuration: Make sure your speakers are correctly configured. If they are set to "Mute", unmute them. Factory Reset: Refer to the instruction manual for instructions on performing a factory reset.
4/3/2024 3:18:34 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Apr 03, 2024

I have a kenwood ka-129 which is currently muted

No, you must press mute again on the remote to toggle off mute.
3/31/2024 9:08:56 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Mar 31, 2024

Need to know how to disable remote function for a Kenwood stereo integrated amplifier ka-129

You could put a peice of gaffa tape over the sensor window if you do not read schematics very well.
3/31/2024 9:07:55 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Mar 31, 2024

How do I change the input from analog to digital or optical on my Kenwood Kraft-v7772d? Thanks

To switch the input on your Kenwood KRF-V7772D receiver from analog to digital or optical, follow these steps: Check the Manual: First, consult the user manual for detailed instructions specific to your model. If you don't have the manual, you can find it online. The manual provides step-by-step guidance on how to change inputs. Input Selector Button: On the front panel of your receiver, look for the Input Selector button. It might be labeled as "Input," "Source," or something similar. Press this button to cycle through the available input sources. On-Screen Menu: Some receivers allow you to change inputs using an on-screen menu. If your Kenwood receiver has this feature, navigate to the menu using your remote control. Look for an option related to input selection or source. Remote Control: Use your remote control to directly select the desired input. Look for buttons labeled with input sources (e.g., "DVD," "CD," "TV," "Optical," etc.). Press the appropriate button to switch to the desired input. Digital Inputs: If you want to switch to a digital input (such as optical or coaxial), ensure that your digital audio source (e.g., Blu-ray player, game console, etc.) is connected to the corresponding input on the back of the receiver. For optical input, connect the optical cable to the "Optical In" port. Analog Inputs: If you prefer an analog input, connect your analog audio source (e.g., turntable, cassette player, etc.) to the appropriate analog input on the back of the receiver. Remember to adjust the settings on your connected devices (e.g., TV, Blu-ray player) to output audio through the selected input on the Kenwood receiver. If you encounter any issues, refer to the service manual for further troubleshooting
3/31/2024 6:30:55 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Mar 31, 2024

My kenwood excelon DPX594BT audio suddenly cut out, why?

Check Speaker Wiring: Ensure that the speaker wires are properly connected to the stereo unit. Loose or damaged wiring can cause sound interruptions. Inspect the connections at both ends (stereo unit and speakers) to make sure they are secure. Bluetooth Pairing Data: Since you've already reset the car stereo and deleted all devices, let's focus on Bluetooth. Go to the Settings menu on your Kenwood system. Select Bluetooth and look for the option to Clear All Paired Devices. This will remove any existing Bluetooth pairings. After clearing the paired devices, try reconnecting your phone or other Bluetooth devices to see if the sound returns. Device Reset: Sometimes a simple reset can help. Turn off the car stereo completely and disconnect the power source (e.g., by removing the car battery cable). Wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power and turn the stereo back on. Check if the sound is restored. Firmware Update: Visit the Kenwood website and check if there are any firmware updates available for your model. If updates are available, follow the instructions to install them. Sometimes software updates can address audio-related issues. Blue TI Light Flashing: The flashing blue TI light over BT1 indicates that the stereo is trying to establish a Bluetooth connection. Make sure your phone or other Bluetooth devices are discoverable and within range. Try pairing your phone again and see if the sound works. Manual Reference: For more detailed troubleshooting steps, refer to the Kenwood Excelon DPX594BT user manual. The manual provides information on settings, troubleshooting, and common issues. Remember that car stereo issues can be caused by various factors, including wiring, software glitches, or hardware problems. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider seeking professional assistance or contacting Kenwood customer support.
3/31/2024 6:26:43 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Mar 31, 2024

Kenwood KC 991 preamp in standby. Won't turn on

9/18/2023 1:29:54 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Sep 18, 2023

I can't get any sound from my Kenwood vr 60rs can you help me?

Certainly! If you're not getting any sound from your Kenwood VR 60RS receiver, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
  1. Check the connections: Ensure that all audio cables, including speaker wires, are securely connected to the appropriate outputs and inputs on the receiver and speakers. Make sure there are no loose connections or frayed wires.
  2. Verify the input source: Confirm that you have selected the correct input source on the receiver. Use the input selector buttons or the remote control to cycle through the available sources and make sure you have chosen the desired audio input.
  3. Volume and mute settings: Check the volume level on the receiver and make sure it is set to an audible level. Also, verify that the receiver is not muted. Look for a mute button on the front panel or the remote control and press it to unmute the audio.
  4. Speaker settings: Ensure that the speaker configuration settings on the receiver are properly configured. Verify that the speakers are set to the correct size, distance, and channel assignment. Consult the receiver's user manual for guidance on adjusting these settings.
  5. Test different speakers: If possible, try connecting different speakers to the receiver to rule out any issues with the speakers themselves. This will help determine if the problem lies with the receiver or the speakers.
  6. Factory reset: If none of the above steps work, you can try performing a factory reset on the receiver. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to reset the receiver to its default settings. Note that this will erase any custom settings and preferences you have saved.
6/28/2023 5:32:26 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Jun 28, 2023

Kenwood stereo DDX69028 error message

The error message "Miswiring DC offset" on a Kenwood DDX69028 stereo typically indicates a problem with the wiring or power supply. Here's what you can try to resolve the issue: 1. Check the Wiring Connections: Ensure that all the wiring connections are properly made. Verify that the power, ground, and speaker wires are securely connected and not loose or disconnected. Pay attention to any loose or exposed wires that may be causing a short circuit. 2. Check the Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply to the stereo is stable and within the specified voltage range. Use a multimeter to measure the voltage at the power wire connection and ensure it matches the recommended voltage for your stereo model. 3. Verify the Speaker Connections: Ensure that the speaker wires are properly connected and not shorted or crossed. Check for any loose strands of wire that may be causing a connection issue. 4. Inspect for Short Circuits: Look for any signs of a short circuit, such as bare wires touching each other or the vehicle's chassis. If you find any, isolate and insulate the affected wires to prevent further issues. 5. Reset the Stereo: Try resetting the stereo to its factory defaults. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset. This may help clear any temporary errors or glitches. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to consult the user manual or contact Kenwood's customer support for further assistance. They will have specific troubleshooting steps and can provide guidance based on your stereo model and the exact error message you're experiencing.
6/21/2023 2:05:27 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Jun 21, 2023

I have a kenwood cd play model cd 204 that is erroring out and will not close the tray or play, how do I fix it?

LOL! That's one of the cursed multi disc changers. It's pretty easy to put that unit into self diagnostic mode via the time display button but unless you have access to an oscilloscope it might not be to helpful for ya. However I've seen two quirky fixes which are relatively quick and easy.First. A CD may have decided it didn't like relaxing in it's tray slot and jumped out, jamming the works.Second. The tray operates via a belt/pulley setup that may have jammed and or snapped/stretched the belt. It's like waaay outta warranty so just remove the screws attaching the top panel to have a look see inside. A CD that jumped outta the tray will be mighty easy to spot. Then check the tension on the belt driving the pulley, or if it's even there at all. Sometimes if it's missing it might have just slipped off and can be found hanging about the bottom of the unit. If it actually snapped, no worries as I've substituted actual rubber bands of the correct with and diameter and they work just fine. If none of the two possible fixes are the culprit just let me know and I'll walk you through diagnostic mode to see if it's even worth the trouble and headache. Hope this helps ya bro!Anthony
5/11/2023 5:35:53 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on May 11, 2023

Where do I connect my reel to reel on a Kenwood VR309

Into the tape input and tape output RCA plugs
4/30/2023 11:33:31 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Apr 30, 2023

Kenwood XD 951 Hifi repair manual

https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/k/kenwood/kenwood-rxd/160409-kenwood-rxd-951-service-manual Get a free service manual there
4/6/2023 5:54:38 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Apr 06, 2023

How to disable Kenwood amp kac8404

To disable the Kenwood KAC-8404 amplifier, follow these steps:
  1. Turn off the power to the amplifier by removing the fuse or turning off the power switch if available.
  2. Disconnect the RCA cables from the amplifier's input jacks and the speaker wires from the output terminals.
  3. Check the connections and make sure they are secure and free of corrosion.
  4. Reconnect the cables and wires, making sure they are properly connected and secure.
  5. Turn the power back on and test the amplifier to see if it is working properly.
If the amplifier still does not work, there may be an issue with the internal components and it may need to be repaired or replaced.
2/26/2023 5:26:20 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Feb 26, 2023

Kenwood KR-V8010 receiver. B speakers are not working. A speakers are

If the B speakers on your Kenwood KR-V8010 receiver are not working while the A speakers are working, there are a few things you can check:
  1. Check the speaker connections: Make sure that the B speakers are connected to the receiver properly. Ensure that the speaker wires are connected securely and that the polarity is correct.
  2. Check the speaker selector switch: The Kenwood KR-V8010 has a speaker selector switch that allows you to choose between A speakers, B speakers, or both. Make sure that the switch is set to the B speaker position.
  3. Check the speaker impedance: Make sure that the impedance of the B speakers is compatible with the receiver. The Kenwood KR-V8010 supports speakers with an impedance of 4 to 16 ohms. If the impedance of the B speakers is too low or too high, it can cause issues with the amplifier.
  4. Check the volume level: Make sure that the volume level is not set too low for the B speakers. If the volume level is too low, it may not be noticeable that the B speakers are not working.
  5. Check the output settings: The Kenwood KR-V8010 has a few output settings that can affect the sound output. Make sure that the settings for the B speakers are not muted or turned off.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the amplifier or the B speaker output circuit. In this case, it may be necessary to take the receiver to a professional for repair or maintenance.
2/20/2023 8:48:29 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Feb 20, 2023

Connecting Kenwood vr-405 to ps4

o connect a Kenwood VR-405 to a PS4, you will need to use the audio and video outputs on the PS4 and the audio and video inputs on the Kenwood VR-405. Here are the general steps to follow:
  1. Connect the HDMI cable from the PS4 HDMI Out port to the HDMI In port on the Kenwood VR-405.
  2. Connect the audio cable from the PS4 Digital Out (optical) port to the Optical In port on the Kenwood VR-405.
  3. Turn on the Kenwood VR-405 and set the input to HDMI or Optical, depending on which cable you used.
  4. Turn on the PS4 and adjust the audio settings on the PS4 to output audio through the HDMI or Optical connection.
  5. Adjust the audio settings on the Kenwood VR-405 to match the audio settings on the PS4.
It is important to consult the user manual of both the Kenwood VR-405 and the PS4 for specific instructions on how to connect them and adjust the settings. If the VR-405 doesn't have a HDMI input, you can use an HDMI to composite adapter to connect the PS4 and the VR-405.
1/25/2023 5:18:49 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Jan 25, 2023

Kenwood Kr v KR7060. Play only one speaker

If your Kenwood KR-V7060 receiver is only playing sound through the center speaker, it could indicate a problem with the receiver's internal audio processing or speaker configuration settings. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check the speaker configuration settings. Make sure that the receiver is set to play sound through all speakers, and not just the center speaker. You can check this in the receiver's menu or by consulting the user manual.
  2. Check the speaker wire connections. Make sure that all the speaker wire connections are tight and secure, and that there are no loose wires or frayed connections.
  3. Check the balance and tone settings. Make sure that the balance and tone settings are not set to favor the center speaker, and that the left and right speakers are not muted.
  4. Check the receiver's internal audio processing. Make sure that the receiver's internal audio processing is set to play sound through all speakers, and not just the center speaker.
  5. If the above steps don't solve the problem, it could indicate a more serious issue with the receiver's internal audio processing or speaker configuration settings. It's recommended to contact Kenwood customer service or a professional technician for further assistance.
It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when performing any maintenance or repairs on the receiver, to ensure the safety and proper functioning of the receiver. It's also important to check the receiver's warranty status and the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that the repair or replacement will not void the warranty. Keep in mind that troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment can be dangerous if you are not familiar with the proper procedures. If you are not comfortable with performing the troubleshooting yourself, it's best to contact a professional technician for assistance.
1/20/2023 9:52:26 PM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Jan 20, 2023

I have a Kenwood KR-V7070 and can not get my sub to play. It is hooked up correctly, I just don't know if I have to turn on the sub option on the receiver?

Most likely you will do. Many surround systems have set up procedures redo that if you haven't already tried it.
12/18/2022 12:42:06 AM • Kenwood Audio... • Answered on Dec 18, 2022
Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Popular Tags

5 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5755 Answers


Level 2 Expert

510 Answers


Level 3 Expert

3523 Answers

Are you a Kenwood Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

  • Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

Most Popular Question

playing cd rw audio cds kenwood dp j2070

  • Audio Players & Recorders