20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
CD player will not read disks
The problem is in the laser pickup assembly, over time the laser becomes weaker until it can no longer read the disc, the whole assembly must be replaced since individual parts are not an option, but first! buy a CD cleaning kit and follow the instructions, sometimes this will give more life to the player.
When i turn on ,
make sure the speaker wires aren't shorted anywhere.....a short normally activates protect mode on most stereo systems.
Sharp Stereo- Protect Mode??
Try plugging in a pair of headphones. I tried it without the speakers connected and since it found the headphones and they were OK the system came out of protect mode.
I can't get any sound from my Kenwood vr 60rs can you help me?
Certainly! If you're not getting any sound from your Kenwood VR 60RS receiver, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check the connections: Ensure that all audio cables, including speaker wires, are securely connected to the appropriate outputs and inputs on the receiver and speakers. Make sure there are no loose connections or frayed wires.
- Verify the input source: Confirm that you have selected the correct input source on the receiver. Use the input selector buttons or the remote control to cycle through the available sources and make sure you have chosen the desired audio input.
- Volume and mute settings: Check the volume level on the receiver and make sure it is set to an audible level. Also, verify that the receiver is not muted. Look for a mute button on the front panel or the remote control and press it to unmute the audio.
- Speaker settings: Ensure that the speaker configuration settings on the receiver are properly configured. Verify that the speakers are set to the correct size, distance, and channel assignment. Consult the receiver's user manual for guidance on adjusting these settings.
- Test different speakers: If possible, try connecting different speakers to the receiver to rule out any issues with the speakers themselves. This will help determine if the problem lies with the receiver or the speakers.
- Factory reset: If none of the above steps work, you can try performing a factory reset on the receiver. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to reset the receiver to its default settings. Note that this will erase any custom settings and preferences you have saved.
Kenwood stereo DDX69028 error message
The error message "Miswiring DC offset" on a Kenwood DDX69028 stereo typically indicates a problem with the wiring or power supply. Here's what you can try to resolve the issue:
1. Check the Wiring Connections: Ensure that all the wiring connections are properly made. Verify that the power, ground, and speaker wires are securely connected and not loose or disconnected. Pay attention to any loose or exposed wires that may be causing a short circuit.
2. Check the Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply to the stereo is stable and within the specified voltage range. Use a multimeter to measure the voltage at the power wire connection and ensure it matches the recommended voltage for your stereo model.
3. Verify the Speaker Connections: Ensure that the speaker wires are properly connected and not shorted or crossed. Check for any loose strands of wire that may be causing a connection issue.
4. Inspect for Short Circuits: Look for any signs of a short circuit, such as bare wires touching each other or the vehicle's chassis. If you find any, isolate and insulate the affected wires to prevent further issues.
5. Reset the Stereo: Try resetting the stereo to its factory defaults. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset. This may help clear any temporary errors or glitches.
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to consult the user manual or contact Kenwood's customer support for further assistance. They will have specific troubleshooting steps and can provide guidance based on your stereo model and the exact error message you're experiencing.
I have a kenwood cd play model cd 204 that is erroring out and will not close the tray or play, how do I fix it?
LOL! That's one of the cursed multi disc changers. It's pretty easy to put that unit into self diagnostic mode via the time display button but unless you have access to an oscilloscope it might not be to helpful for ya. However I've seen two quirky fixes which are relatively quick and easy.First. A CD may have decided it didn't like relaxing in it's tray slot and jumped out, jamming the works.Second. The tray operates via a belt/pulley setup that may have jammed and or snapped/stretched the belt. It's like waaay outta warranty so just remove the screws attaching the top panel to have a look see inside. A CD that jumped outta the tray will be mighty easy to spot. Then check the tension on the belt driving the pulley, or if it's even there at all. Sometimes if it's missing it might have just slipped off and can be found hanging about the bottom of the unit. If it actually snapped, no worries as I've substituted actual rubber bands of the correct with and diameter and they work just fine. If none of the two possible fixes are the culprit just let me know and I'll walk you through diagnostic mode to see if it's even worth the trouble and headache. Hope this helps ya bro!Anthony
How to disable Kenwood amp kac8404
To disable the Kenwood KAC-8404 amplifier, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power to the amplifier by removing the fuse or turning off the power switch if available.
- Disconnect the RCA cables from the amplifier's input jacks and the speaker wires from the output terminals.
- Check the connections and make sure they are secure and free of corrosion.
- Reconnect the cables and wires, making sure they are properly connected and secure.
- Turn the power back on and test the amplifier to see if it is working properly.
If the amplifier still does not work, there may be an issue with the internal components and it may need to be repaired or replaced.
Kenwood KR-V8010 receiver. B speakers are not working. A speakers are
If the B speakers on your Kenwood KR-V8010 receiver are not working while the A speakers are working, there are a few things you can check:
- Check the speaker connections: Make sure that the B speakers are connected to the receiver properly. Ensure that the speaker wires are connected securely and that the polarity is correct.
- Check the speaker selector switch: The Kenwood KR-V8010 has a speaker selector switch that allows you to choose between A speakers, B speakers, or both. Make sure that the switch is set to the B speaker position.
- Check the speaker impedance: Make sure that the impedance of the B speakers is compatible with the receiver. The Kenwood KR-V8010 supports speakers with an impedance of 4 to 16 ohms. If the impedance of the B speakers is too low or too high, it can cause issues with the amplifier.
- Check the volume level: Make sure that the volume level is not set too low for the B speakers. If the volume level is too low, it may not be noticeable that the B speakers are not working.
- Check the output settings: The Kenwood KR-V8010 has a few output settings that can affect the sound output. Make sure that the settings for the B speakers are not muted or turned off.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the amplifier or the B speaker output circuit. In this case, it may be necessary to take the receiver to a professional for repair or maintenance.
Connecting Kenwood vr-405 to ps4
o connect a Kenwood VR-405 to a PS4, you will need to use the audio and video outputs on the PS4 and the audio and video inputs on the Kenwood VR-405. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Connect the HDMI cable from the PS4 HDMI Out port to the HDMI In port on the Kenwood VR-405.
- Connect the audio cable from the PS4 Digital Out (optical) port to the Optical In port on the Kenwood VR-405.
- Turn on the Kenwood VR-405 and set the input to HDMI or Optical, depending on which cable you used.
- Turn on the PS4 and adjust the audio settings on the PS4 to output audio through the HDMI or Optical connection.
- Adjust the audio settings on the Kenwood VR-405 to match the audio settings on the PS4.
It is important to consult the user manual of both the Kenwood VR-405 and the PS4 for specific instructions on how to connect them and adjust the settings. If the VR-405 doesn't have a HDMI input, you can use an HDMI to composite adapter to connect the PS4 and the VR-405.
Kenwood Kr v KR7060. Play only one speaker
If your Kenwood KR-V7060 receiver is only playing sound through the center speaker, it could indicate a problem with the receiver's internal audio processing or speaker configuration settings. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the speaker configuration settings. Make sure that the receiver is set to play sound through all speakers, and not just the center speaker. You can check this in the receiver's menu or by consulting the user manual.
- Check the speaker wire connections. Make sure that all the speaker wire connections are tight and secure, and that there are no loose wires or frayed connections.
- Check the balance and tone settings. Make sure that the balance and tone settings are not set to favor the center speaker, and that the left and right speakers are not muted.
- Check the receiver's internal audio processing. Make sure that the receiver's internal audio processing is set to play sound through all speakers, and not just the center speaker.
- If the above steps don't solve the problem, it could indicate a more serious issue with the receiver's internal audio processing or speaker configuration settings. It's recommended to contact Kenwood customer service or a professional technician for further assistance.
It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when performing any maintenance or repairs on the receiver, to ensure the safety and proper functioning of the receiver.
It's also important to check the receiver's warranty status and the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that the repair or replacement will not void the warranty.
Keep in mind that troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment can be dangerous if you are not familiar with the proper procedures. If you are not comfortable with performing the troubleshooting yourself, it's best to contact a professional technician for assistance.
My Kenwood VR-615 Power light is blinking
there might be a power-related part that needs to be upgraded. Please check the table of contents of the manual for errors or troubleshooting section to identify what procedure needs to be followed to get your kenwood working again.
Not finding what you are looking for?