20 Most Recent Kenwood SW-303 Speaker Questions & Answers

Hi, I was able to take care of this issue by talking to Onkyo tech support. They diagnosed over the phone and concluded that the receiver set the volume for the sub way too low (-12), therefore sub was not receiving the input and was doing what it was supposed to be doing. They walked me through manually increasing the volume and now everything works great.  Good luck! I hope this helps.

Kenwood SW-303... | Answered on Apr 14, 2008

It sounds like your subwoofer acts as a receiver in its own right. Many low-budget home theater systems act this way, and it may in fact have a Dolby Pro Logic II encoder in it. Your best bet is to hook up either the speakers it came with, or purchase speakers from your local audio visual store. Check its power rating per speaker (in watts) in your manual, and purchase speakers that are rated for it.

The "red and white" input you mention are RCA connectors, and should allow you to connect a source to your system. If you have any more specific questions, please post them here.

Kenwood SW-303... | Answered on Jan 01, 2008

The first thing to check is the solder connections on the display itself. The display should have a series of pins that you will see on the PC board that is behind the front panel. Resolder the connections on either end. These are the connections that supply both the +and - sides of power. These often develop poor connections. Update this with the results of the resoldering and we'll continue from there if the problem is not resolved.


Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Dec 30, 2020

The remote is nothing more than a device to change the contents display face. The code for the unit is embedded into the unit behind it, so the old code will work. It will not even notice you changed the remote control. If you bought a remote control for a different Kenwood audio, then it is a lottery. You can program a bespoke remote, they are set to one device, or a range of devices sharing the same code.

Kenwood Audio Remote Control New OEM Replacement ...

www.kenwood.newremotecontrol.com > KenwoodAudio
NEW Kenwood Audio & CD Remote Controls. ... VR-208, RC-R0607, A70-1194-05. VR-2080, RC-R0907, A70-1191-05. VR-209, RC-R0607, A70-1194-05. VR- ...

and also



Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Dec 19, 2020

I have kenwood rxd m1md . it was on and it got extra voltage. now its not working.
the current condition is now when I turn it on, the display turned on for 2/3 seconds and then it shuts down. few green -------------- dots blinks starts, some times "auto power control on " also displays.
Please tell me what happend to this unit? which IC or part have to change?
Thank You

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Dec 07, 2020

These dual plastic type cassette deck hardly warrant a service call due to their price and build but to correct this problem the unit needs to be seen by a Technician. The unit can have a lot of different things wrong with it from broken solder joints to defective or abuse tact switches. If you are asking this question, it means that you are not qualified to work on it yourself. Thus the need for a Service Technician.
I am in Chicago area and I work on decks all the time- if you supply a location I can tell you of other shops I know of.

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Nov 10, 2020

Connect using speaker wires or rca shielded cable depending on the TV connections.

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Apr 28, 2020

Grasp the lift bar that the tonearm is raised by, and pull it gently up, and push it back down 2 or 3 times. That re-distributes the silicone fluid, and usually brings the nice, slow drop back. No dice?

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Apr 08, 2020

yes you will need speakers connected to the receiver - you will need a pair of 8 Ohm speakers able to handle 70 Watts per channel

Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Dec 04, 2019

Hi James Kohler, to connect the EQ SH-8029 to the Kenwood KR-710, you must have two cables from 2 RCA to 2 RCA
One connects it to the EQ Line In (Line In) and on the other hand you connect it to the REC output of Tape1 in the Kenwood, the other cable goes from the Line Out of the EQ to the entrance Tape1 PLAY at Kenwood
In order to hear the equalized sound, you must select the Source, example; Radio CD, Phono and you must enable Tape 1
If you had used Tape 1 connections, you can use Tape 2 and if you have used both of Tape, you can do what you indicated first and what was in Tape 1 connect it to the Tape entrance, which brings the EQ
I hope you can connect it
Greetings Franco Dosil

Hola James Kohler, para conectar el EQ SH-8029 al Kenwood KR-710, deberas contar con dos cables de 2 RCA a 2 RCA
Uno lo coenctas en la Entrada de Linea del EQ(Line In) y por el otro lado lo conectas a la salida de REC de Tape1 en el Kenwood, el otro cable va desde la salida de Linea (Line Out) del EQ hasta la entrada PLAY de Tape1 en el Kenwood
Para poder escuchar el sonido ecualizado, deberas seleccionar la Fuente, ejemplo ; Radio CD, Phono y debes habilitar Tape 1
Si tubieras utilizadas las conexiones de Tape 1, puedes usar Tape 2 y si tienes utilizadas las dos de Tape, puedes hacer lo que te indique primero y lo que estaba en Tape 1 lo conectas en la entrada de Tape, que trae el EQ
Espero lo puedas conectar
Saludos Franco Dosil


Kenwood Audio... | Answered on Nov 06, 2019

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenwood SW-303 Speaker Logo

Popular Tags

4 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5700 Answers

Michael Thomas
Michael Thomas

Level 3 Expert

3056 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76466 Answers

Are you a Kenwood Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

  • Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

Most Popular Question

sw 300 powered sub woofer

  • Audio Players & Recorders