20 Most Recent
Sony LBT-W5000 Shelf System Questions & Answers
Sony LBT W5000
According to Page 46 of the LBT-W5000 Operating Instructions:
"The display stars flashing as soon as you plug in the power cord even though you haven't turned on the system (demonstration mode).
Press DISPLAY (for LBT-W5000 / W300 / XB700 / XB500) or DEMO (STANDBY) (for other models) while the system is off. If the system is in the Power Saving mode, press POWER SAVE / DEMO (STANDBY) (for LBT-W5000 / W300 / XB700 / XB500).
The demonstration appears automatically the first time you plug in the power cord, or if there is a power outage lasting longer than half a day."
I tested this today, as my LBT-W5000 was in Demonstration Mode. It definitely works. The only catch is (at least on the W5000), and it's a minor one, you have to reset your clock afterwards.
Sony LBT W5000
when the hi-fi is off and there is the sony demo push "display" on your remote.. yep yep. peace
How to reset a sony str-av480 receiver
To reset a Sony STR-AV480 receiver, you can follow these steps:
1. Turn off the receiver.
2. Press and hold down the power button on the front panel of the receiver.
3. While holding down the power button, press the "Enter" button on the front panel of the receiver.
4. Keep holding down both buttons for a few seconds until "Clearing" appears on the front display panel of the receiver.
5. Release both buttons and wait for the receiver to turn off.
6. Turn on the receiver and it should be reset to its default settings.
Note that performing a reset will erase all custom settings and return the receiver to its factory default settings. If you have any custom settings that you want to keep, make sure to write them down before performing the reset.
I have a Sony Dav Fx888k DVD HOME THEATER System, It's a 5 disc changer. I am unable to insert the CD. It displays C 31 00.
The error code C 31 00 on Sony DVD Home Theater System usually indicates a mechanical issue with the disc changer mechanism. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Turn off the power to the DVD Home Theater System and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes, then plug the system back in and turn it on.
- Press the "Eject" button on the remote or the unit to try to eject the disc tray.
- Gently try to move the disc tray by hand to see if it is stuck or obstructed.
- If the disc tray does not move, or if you hear any unusual noises, it may indicate a more serious mechanical issue that requires repair.
If none of these steps resolves the issue, it's recommended to contact Sony customer support or a qualified technician for further assistance.
Sony wireless headphones have static...why?
The static you're experiencing with your Sony wireless headphones can be caused by various factors, including interference from other electronic devices, radio frequency congestion, and distance from the transmitter. Here are some things you can try to minimize the static:
Move the transmitter closer to your headphones: The closer your headphones are to the transmitter, the stronger the signal will be and the less static you will hear.
Reduce interference: Try turning off any other electronic devices that may be causing interference, such as microwaves, wireless routers, and cordless phones. If possible, move the transmitter away from these devices.
Change channels: Some wireless headphones have multiple channels to choose from. Try changing the channel to see if that reduces the static.
Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in your headphones are fully charged or replaced if necessary.
Reset the headphones: Sometimes resetting the headphones can help eliminate static. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to reset your specific model.
Contact Sony customer support: If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Sony customer support for further assistance or consider getting a replacement if your headphones are still under warranty.
I have a Sony music system mch rv6 problem is not a turn powering on and power bottom light is on please help me
There could be several reasons why your Sony music system is not turning on. Here are a few things you can try:
- Check the power source: Make sure that the power source is properly connected and that there is electricity flowing through it.
- Check the power cord: If the power source is connected, then the problem may be with the power cord. Try using a different power cord to see if it makes a difference.
- Check the fuse: If the power cord is working properly, then the problem may be with the fuse. Locate the fuse in the system and replace it if it's blown.
- Reset the system: If the above steps don't work, try resetting the system. To do this, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in.
- Contact Sony Support: If none of these steps solve the issue, it may be a hardware problem. In this case, you may need to contact Sony Support for further assistance. They can guide you through the next steps, which may include repair or replacement of the system.
Please note that these are general troubleshooting steps, and the exact steps you need to take may vary depending on your specific system model.
How to fix volume button on sony cfd s300
Here are a few things you can try to fix the volume button on a Sony CFD-S300 CD player:
- Check for debris: Make sure that the volume button is not jammed or stuck due to debris or dust. Clean the button and surrounding area with a soft, dry cloth.
- Check the connections: Make sure that the connections between the button and the circuit board are not loose or damaged.
- Check the button spring: Make sure that the spring that holds the button in place is not damaged or missing.
- Check the circuit board: Make sure that the circuit board that controls the button is not damaged or malfunctioning.
- Check the firmware: Make sure that the firmware of the CD player is up to date.
Will the sony nwz a818 work with windows 7/8
The Sony NW LATER NWZ-A818 is a portable media player that was released in 2010. It may work with Windows 7 and 8, but it's officially supported only for Windows XP and Vista.
You can try to connect the device to a Windows 7 or 8 computer and see if it is recognized by the operating system, but if you run into any issues, it may be difficult to find troubleshooting solutions as the device is quite old.
It's always recommendable to check the device's official website or the manual to check the compatibility with the operating system you have.
It's also worth noting that newer versions of Windows may require additional drivers or software to be installed in order to recognize older devices like the NW NW LATER LATER NWZ-A818.
My Sony dream machine is making a chirping sound when I insert a cd. I do not know how old it is but my guess is that it may be 3 or 4 years old. What is wrong?
There could be a few different things causing the chirping sound when you insert a CD into your Sony dream machine. It could be a problem with the CD itself, such as a scratch or smudge that is causing the machine to have difficulty reading it. It could also be an issue with the CD drive itself, such as a malfunctioning laser or a dirty lens. Without more information or the ability to physically inspect the device, it is difficult to say for sure what the problem is. It is recommended to check the CD for any scratches or smudges, or try cleaning the lens of the CD drive. If the problem persists, it may be best to seek the help of a professional technician.
Sony CMT-HPX9 has top slide tape deck and door will not open/slide.
If the cassette door/slider on your Sony CMT-HPX9 stereo system will not open, it could be caused by a few different issues. Here are a few things you can check:
- Check the release button: Make sure that the release button is being pressed properly and that it is not jammed or stuck. If the release button is not functioning properly, the door will not open.
- Check the door lock: Make sure that the door lock is not engaged. Some models have a door lock switch that can prevent the door from opening.
- Check the tape inside: Make sure that the cassette inside the deck is not jammed or stuck. This can prevent the door from opening.
- Check the mechanism: Make sure that the mechanism that opens the door is not damaged or jammed. If the mechanism is damaged, the door will not open.
- Check for debris or dust: Make sure that the cassette deck is clean and free of debris or dust, as this can cause the cassette to get stuck and the door not to open.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting a professional technician or Sony's customer support for further assistance.
My sony nwz x1050 wont switch on or off using the home button can anyone help
If your Sony NWZ-X1050 player won't turn on or off using the home button, it could be caused by a software issue, a hardware issue, or a problem with the button itself. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Try resetting the player by holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will force the player to restart and may resolve the issue.
- Check the battery level and make sure it is charged. If the battery is low, charge the player before trying to turn it on again.
- Try connecting the player to a computer using a USB cable and see if it is recognized. If it is, it may be a software issue that can be resolved by restoring the player using the Sony Media Go software.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to have the player serviced by a professional technician.
- If the problem persist after trying the above steps, it is likely that the home button is damaged and needs to be replaced, which should be done by a professional technician.
Cassette drives will not play
You may have an issue with the cassette deck on your Sony LBT-D550. The cassette deck uses a belt drive system to operate the cassette mechanism; if belts are broken, it can cause the deck to malfunction.
All the belts may have failed at the same time, but it's also possible that there is another issue causing the problem. Some possible causes of a cassette deck malfunction include:
- A problem with the cassette mechanism itself, such as a jammed cassette or worn-out gears.
- A problem with the cassette deck's motor, which a malfunctioning capacitor or other components could cause.
- A problem with the cassette deck's control board, which a malfunctioning switch or other components could cause.
To determine the cause of the problem, a professional technician should look at the cassette deck.
SONY MDS JE630 MD RECORDER
Si su MiniDisc est? atascado al escribir el TOC, es probable que los datos est?n da?ados o da?ados. Puede intentar reparar los datos da?ados utilizando un programa de recuperaci?n de datos MiniDisc, como MiniDisc Data Rescue. Este software puede reparar MiniDiscs da?ados o da?ados escane?ndolos en busca de problemas y luego solucion?ndolos. Si el problema persiste, es posible que deba reemplazar el MiniDisc por uno nuevo.
Not finding what you are looking for?