20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Wont turn on
It is possible that the amplifier had encountered a fault with a higher current drain which had triggered it to a protection fault condition. The fault can be your output drivers- the MOSFETS/IC's fitted for both the channels, Use a meter after disconnecting to check for short in the drivers. Disconnect the positive and negative voltages to the output and see if the protect changes. Even a fault in the preamp stages that drives in high current into the output can shut the Amplifier. Sometimes this can be a noise like a HUM or HISS before the protect works. Faulty capacitors in these circuits also can cause similar issues and needs close observation.
You need to confirm and replace the specific stages or outputs. If not there can be issues in the mother board, maybe the protect circuit by itself is shutting off due to a faulty bias , maybe a leak in any voltage/current sensing circuit. Also disconnect the speakers and test, if the protect is off then check for short on the speakers.
CD component does not work most of the time
try by cleaning the OPU (optical pick up unit). Please do not use alcohol. If you are not experienced in this matter please contact your nearest repairman. If the cleaning did not help, replacing the optical unit is the final solution (in most cases).
How to fix volume button on sony cfd s300
Here are a few things you can try to fix the volume button on a Sony CFD-S300 CD player:
- Check for debris: Make sure that the volume button is not jammed or stuck due to debris or dust. Clean the button and surrounding area with a soft, dry cloth.
- Check the connections: Make sure that the connections between the button and the circuit board are not loose or damaged.
- Check the button spring: Make sure that the spring that holds the button in place is not damaged or missing.
- Check the circuit board: Make sure that the circuit board that controls the button is not damaged or malfunctioning.
- Check the firmware: Make sure that the firmware of the CD player is up to date.
Will the sony nwz a818 work with windows 7/8
The Sony NW LATER NWZ-A818 is a portable media player that was released in 2010. It may work with Windows 7 and 8, but it's officially supported only for Windows XP and Vista.
You can try to connect the device to a Windows 7 or 8 computer and see if it is recognized by the operating system, but if you run into any issues, it may be difficult to find troubleshooting solutions as the device is quite old.
It's always recommendable to check the device's official website or the manual to check the compatibility with the operating system you have.
It's also worth noting that newer versions of Windows may require additional drivers or software to be installed in order to recognize older devices like the NW NW LATER LATER NWZ-A818.
My Sony dream machine is making a chirping sound when I insert a cd. I do not know how old it is but my guess is that it may be 3 or 4 years old. What is wrong?
There could be a few different things causing the chirping sound when you insert a CD into your Sony dream machine. It could be a problem with the CD itself, such as a scratch or smudge that is causing the machine to have difficulty reading it. It could also be an issue with the CD drive itself, such as a malfunctioning laser or a dirty lens. Without more information or the ability to physically inspect the device, it is difficult to say for sure what the problem is. It is recommended to check the CD for any scratches or smudges, or try cleaning the lens of the CD drive. If the problem persists, it may be best to seek the help of a professional technician.
Sony CMT-HPX9 has top slide tape deck and door will not open/slide.
If the cassette door/slider on your Sony CMT-HPX9 stereo system will not open, it could be caused by a few different issues. Here are a few things you can check:
- Check the release button: Make sure that the release button is being pressed properly and that it is not jammed or stuck. If the release button is not functioning properly, the door will not open.
- Check the door lock: Make sure that the door lock is not engaged. Some models have a door lock switch that can prevent the door from opening.
- Check the tape inside: Make sure that the cassette inside the deck is not jammed or stuck. This can prevent the door from opening.
- Check the mechanism: Make sure that the mechanism that opens the door is not damaged or jammed. If the mechanism is damaged, the door will not open.
- Check for debris or dust: Make sure that the cassette deck is clean and free of debris or dust, as this can cause the cassette to get stuck and the door not to open.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting a professional technician or Sony's customer support for further assistance.
My sony nwz x1050 wont switch on or off using the home button can anyone help
If your Sony NWZ-X1050 player won't turn on or off using the home button, it could be caused by a software issue, a hardware issue, or a problem with the button itself. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Try resetting the player by holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will force the player to restart and may resolve the issue.
- Check the battery level and make sure it is charged. If the battery is low, charge the player before trying to turn it on again.
- Try connecting the player to a computer using a USB cable and see if it is recognized. If it is, it may be a software issue that can be resolved by restoring the player using the Sony Media Go software.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to have the player serviced by a professional technician.
- If the problem persist after trying the above steps, it is likely that the home button is damaged and needs to be replaced, which should be done by a professional technician.
Cassette drives will not play
You may have an issue with the cassette deck on your Sony LBT-D550. The cassette deck uses a belt drive system to operate the cassette mechanism; if belts are broken, it can cause the deck to malfunction.
All the belts may have failed at the same time, but it's also possible that there is another issue causing the problem. Some possible causes of a cassette deck malfunction include:
- A problem with the cassette mechanism itself, such as a jammed cassette or worn-out gears.
- A problem with the cassette deck's motor, which a malfunctioning capacitor or other components could cause.
- A problem with the cassette deck's control board, which a malfunctioning switch or other components could cause.
To determine the cause of the problem, a professional technician should look at the cassette deck.
SONY MDS JE630 MD RECORDER
Si su MiniDisc est? atascado al escribir el TOC, es probable que los datos est?n da?ados o da?ados. Puede intentar reparar los datos da?ados utilizando un programa de recuperaci?n de datos MiniDisc, como MiniDisc Data Rescue. Este software puede reparar MiniDiscs da?ados o da?ados escane?ndolos en busca de problemas y luego solucion?ndolos. Si el problema persiste, es posible que deba reemplazar el MiniDisc por uno nuevo.
How to connect Sony ECM-AC2 mic to Samsung Chromebook 3
It is possible that the Sony ECM-AC2 mic is not compatible with the Samsung Chromebook 3, or that there is an issue with the Koopao splitter you are using. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the mic's compatibility: Make sure the Sony ECM-AC2 mic is compatible with the Chromebook 3. Some mics may not work with certain devices, even if they are connected through a splitter.
- Check the splitter's compatibility: Make sure the Koopao splitter is compatible with the Chromebook 3. Some splitters may not work with certain devices, causing issues like the one you are experiencing.
- Check the audio settings: Make sure the audio settings on your Chromebook are properly configured to use an external mic. You may need to adjust the input level or select the correct input device in the audio settings.
- Check the mic's connection: Make sure the mic is properly connected to the splitter. Check the mic's cable for any visible damage or loose connections, and make sure the mic is plugged in securely.
- Check for any other visible issues: Inspect the mic, splitter, and Chromebook for any visible issues that may be causing the problem. This can include debris or foreign objects that may have gotten stuck in the devices, or damage to the devices or their components.
If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and the problem persists, it may be necessary to have the devices inspected and diagnosed by a professional. They will be able to identify the cause of the problem and determine the necessary repairs.
12/26/2022 12:14:18 AM •
on Dec 26, 2022
Change belts on SONY RCD W10
I can help with the belts issue. You can get assorted belts in packs from Amazon. Just search for "cassette tape belts" there.
Remote control sony amplifer ta-d505
Replace the batteries in the remote with fresh ones. Take your smartphone and use the front facing selfie camera to to see if you see a flashing red light when you press a button on the remote with the front of the remote facing the phone. If you can the red light, the remote is working.
Not finding what you are looking for?