20 Most Recent RCA P56830BL 56" Rear Projection Television Questions & Answers

send a email to [email protected] they should be able to provide a remote for that model.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Mar 16, 2012

Hello,The issue you describe is consistent with a power supply board issue. This is the board where the AC goes to. This problem may have occurred as a result of irregular power supply, or excess power supply or power surge.The TV is receiving current but cannot circulate or transfer the current to other necessary part of the TV because of the defective power supply board. You might be lucky it's just a blow fuse. Also a defective transformer can cause your TV not to power on.All these can be checked on the power supply board.But more often bad capacitors causes problem on the power supply board. I do not think the power board needs replacement, rather those defective capacitors is causing this issue. Open unit up and take a look at the power supply board.You will probably see one or more electrolytic filter capacitors that are bulged up in the top-not perfectly flat like the others.The value of these capacitors will be different, most likely they will be somewhere around-820 to 2200uF/25 V( or /10V sometimes)You can replace them with same values but I would recommend the voltage rating to be higher(like 35V for an original 25V) for reliability purposes.What happens is,these bulged top capacitors will cause a low and unfiltered DC voltage=main board will malfunction(the relay will keep clicking until the caps are holding enough charge to bring the voltage up over a threshold point).You can buy these capacitors at any Fry's or Radioshack store or you can order them online at vendors like "mcmelectronics.com"(look for electrolytic capacitors). After replacing these capacitor(capacitors) most likely the normal operation will be restored. Or you can by a refurbished complete power board to save you some stress.Note: There may be also some other causes for this symptom ,like a defective T con board ,or main board,but the bulged top capacitors are the most common cause for this issue.If you don't know about TV repairers, take the TV to the nearest repairman to fix the fault for you. Also, note that TV stores a lot of current, so wait a while before opening the TV back cover.I hope this helps.Regards.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Jan 17, 2012

the answer is simple, do you have yahoo IM? I can give you free answer here or there, I know what is wrong.SD TECh

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Sep 22, 2011


All RCA/GE sets have a chassis number on the back.

I am available of course for paid questions. Is it 195 chassis or not?


RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Sep 21, 2011

That set is a 1994 model set. You have 3 picture tubes in that set of which are no longer available or made anymore.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Nov 27, 2010

Most of the service information for this and the sets that were made in that model year was on microfiche. Unfortunately I do not know if it even available anymore. RCA that made that is is not the same company today. You may want to call Washington Electronics at 703-533-9595.
They were a authorised service facility for RCA but has gone out of business recently. Hopefully they have not disposed of the microfiche they had.
I hope this helps,

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Nov 24, 2010

Vertical blanking has shut down vertical Deflection but allowing the menus to appear. Replace the vertical transistor. You can get replacement vertical Ics at www.tvrepairworld.com

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Oct 27, 2010

Encompass Parts Distribution 1-800-638-3328
Mats Electronics has Lamps for $99.00 1-800-628-1118

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Sep 28, 2010

replace the flyback. Your model uses the 239111 flyback available from www.tvrepairworld.com

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on May 08, 2010

is this question in regards to the item in the subject line?
RCA P56830BL.


RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Feb 27, 2010

Try switching the external/internal speaker switch on the back of the tv to internal. This way you should at least get sound (from the TV not the sound system) when you change the volume of the TV itself.
Explain your set up if you need more help. By that I mean what do you have hooked to the TV and sound system, Satellite or digital cable box DVD ?
Make a note of where all the inputs to the sound system come from.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Dec 05, 2009

Replace the single convergence IC its a STK730-130 you can get one at www.tvrepairworld.com

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Nov 27, 2009

Is this a question?

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Nov 11, 2009

I now have the exact same problem, but occered after a power electrical storm. I took the back panel off and found the Main Chassis Board to be a little crispy and smells like the majic smoke was let out. Does anyone know where I can buy a new board?

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Aug 06, 2008

Vertical output IC is either defective or needs to be resolderd

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on May 02, 2008

sounds like a vertical and horizontal deflection issue..maybe your control board is unhappy.
you inclined to do this work yourself?

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Apr 28, 2008

Sounds like you have a bad screen asy,this is located under the plastic were the tubes come up thru the plastic,its in the right top corner and has 6 turn controls on it,part number is 204809,this part must be generic,the part has been discontinued by Thomson.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Mar 06, 2008

Most of the screen cover for sets older than 8 years have been discontinued,get the size of your screen leaving about 1/8 of and inch around the screen,you can get your local lumber or hardware store to cut pexie glass to fit,get velcro and apply to sides of screen to attach glass,make sure to sand any sharp sides before attaching.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Mar 06, 2008

Replace tuner. Verify ==bypass using A/V inputs

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Dec 30, 2007

Convergence outputs reliable.Suspect power supply to control convergence bad.Small PCB mounted above two main PCB.Check STK730-010 & associated circuitry. If This info not helpful, please provide complete service # and chassis number.

RCA P56830BL 56"... • Answered on Oct 08, 2007

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

23 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76573 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1258 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6254 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

RCA Televison & Video

  • RCA Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

get sevice data sheet rca

  • Televison & Video