20 Most Recent RCA F31672ET TV Questions & Answers

sorry to say but it will probably be cheaper to buy a new or decent used fridge than replacing the compessor

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Sep 15, 2013

Not possible as model listed is composite video only with two additional inputs for audio--no way I know you could do this.

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Mar 20, 2012

Depends on how your cable provider is distributing the TV channels.
Channel 100 is the line into the Jumboband, and most providers don't distribute analog cable beyond channel 99 since it requires a different type of amplifier. They will generally use Digital Cable for higher number channels, which would require a converter box.
Who is your cable provider?

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Apr 24, 2011

Hi - pretty common problem. Not worth fixing, I'm afraid. It is caused by a defective circuit which became defective with old age. the "EEPROM."

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Feb 28, 2011

Make sure you are selecting the correct input channel, and also make sure the yellow video cable is disconnected from both items. The two cables do not need to be connected in fact disrupt signal when they are.

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Feb 04, 2011

try this link , it might be helpful . there is a list of remotes , find your specific remote and click view manual . when viewing manual it will give you step-by-step and all codes for your TV .


RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Jan 28, 2011

An exact replacement remote may not be available. However, a substitute remote with the functions of the original is here: http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=gmi&uuid=12930827449040&smodel=F31672ET&brand_pn=RCA_F31672ET . Most universal remotes programmed 6 months after the TV was released should have a code for this RCA TV. However, it might take a bit of searching to find the right code. You might not get all of the features from the original remote with the cheapest of the universal remotes (pip, input changes, etc). The universal remotes that can be programmed via a USB connection with a computer will do all of the features but are much more expensive.

I hope this helps.

Cindy Wells

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Dec 23, 2010

Change the Hi Voltage Output and the Fuse make shure it the same fuse ....

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Sep 21, 2010


Once the video is hooked up to the television properly, the only way you can get the video to show up is if you put the television on the AV channel.

Sometimes you can view the video from the television by searching the channels by going to the menu, select the search channel, select the automatic search. Once you have pressed the menu, you can navigate up or down and side to side by using the channel and volume buttons respectively.

If that does not work. You can get a VCR, hook it up to the television, then you put the television on a channel and search for the VCRs frequency. After getting the frequency from the search, then you can hook the DVD up with the VCR then connect the VCR to the TV. Then you can view the video from the VCRs frequency.

Another alternative is for you to get a replacement remote for your television.

Take care

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Jul 11, 2010

This TV is component level repair - there are no boards available. The is a company that remanufacturers whole boards - you can see if they do your model. PTS corp. 800-844-7871

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Jun 18, 2010

Find Capacitor C4127, this is a startup cap and will fail. Then check C4709, C4105[this one almost always goes bad] and C4404. These are good starting points. You will have to resolder the Tuner as it will coorupt your eeprom and can create a dead set. And inspect the pins a Regulater T4101 I beleive, for busted grounds. If this will not start the set you will need a new eeprom or the T4101 Regulator. The regulatore rarely goes bad in this TV!

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Apr 29, 2010

Clip R1915 and the sound will return. But you still have a Tuner to rework. See my solution with the power problem. just before this answer!

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Apr 29, 2010

You have a Tuner on Board that needs reworked. You must remove the bottom shield and resolder about 20 points. As for the sound problem you may by now have a bad eeprom [location U3201]. We may be out of Horizontal Frequency as well. First fix the tuner then replace the eeprom.[Iwould install an eight pin IC socket upon removal of eeprom, then you can insert or remove the new eeprom anytime after this]. And also check capacitors C4404 200V at 2.2MF, C4105 200V 10MF Will be bad in this case, C4127 and C4709 these may be weak. This shuld repair your TV. PS the eeprom part# is 223957. Before you change the eeprom see if you can get a good picture after resoldering the Tuner. This is delicate work so be careful or you will destroy the TV. If you do have a good video and no sound, clip R1915, this will defeat the mute,but sound will return. Just so you know repairing this TV is quite complicated good luck.

RCA F31672ET TV | Answered on Apr 29, 2010

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

48 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76407 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1258 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6136 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

RCA Televison & Video

  • RCA Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

rca model f31672et

  • Televison & Video