20 Most Recent RCA F32649 32" TV Questions & Answers

Hi there!
If you cannot receive all channels it may be a fault with the antenna or the tuner may be faulty. If you have a VCR, you can tune that into the TV first and then tune the VCR to see if you then receive all channels. If so, use the VCR position on the TV to view and select or change channels on the VCR only. Good Luck,JUS004

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Dec 22, 2020

T'Con board fault. If you wish to get some details; visit the site linked here. Pull up older posts.
Line faults & possible causes to LCD & Plasma screen are given with illustrations. You can get an idea about the fault to an extent. Faults to all LCD & Plasma screen are similar, irrespective of its brand and screen size.
Search the site by type in the "BRAND NAME" of your device; (Exclude the model number), in the "Search box at the top right of the display window of the Homepage" to get gathered related posts

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Feb 10, 2018

If the cable is damaged then one of the pins can be bent inside or if it unscrews a solder connection may be undone. see the photo showing color on the left and bw on the right. Also plug everything in turn off everything then turn on the computer and then turn on tv. also try just opposite turn on tv and reboot computer.

Go to Bing homepage Video Wikipedia SVIDEO TV BLACK AND WHITE SCREEN Graphics Cards

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Nov 12, 2017

It seems that there is EHT Leakage from the EHT Transformer Anode Cap! Generally happens during rainy seasons, or if your TV is placed near a window or near an AC, due to excess of moisture in the air. Unplug the TV and wait for an hour to discharge all residual charge in Capacitors. Open the back, and look for a thick red cable leading from the FBT. (It is a Black Block with a thick red cable running from it to the rear of the Picture Tube). Take a sturdy Electrical cable with the conductor visible at both ends. (Multimeter Leads will do.) Now, ground one end of this lead to any Metal part of the Chassis, and gently ease the other end under the Cap of the EHT Cable. BE VERY CAREFUL, as there are very High Voltages involved! Do it Gently, and you will hear a POP! This indicates that the Electrical Charge inside tha Picture has been discharged. Now Take dry cloth and wipe clean the area around the Anode Cap. Close the back of the TV, and switch it ON. In all likelihood your problem should be resolved. BUT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, AND ARE VERY VERY CAREFUL. Otherwise, seek professional help!

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on May 23, 2014

Check and replace all the electrolytic capacitors {5 or 6 of it} at its vertical scan output section circuit. Replace all at one time. be sure about the polarity of these capacitors when replace it. As you know, all electrolytic capacitors have both +Ve and - Ve terminals, must coincide with to that the marking at the PCB. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/Pull up older posts.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Dec 31, 2013

after 4 or 5 yrs EHT ( transformer that supplies voltage to CRT TUBE - TV TUBE ) becomes weak - then 1 of the indication is ...display becomes blur .......so solution is EHT ( also called as flyback transformer ) should be replaced....... {{ few details about EHT---- its size will be around 3inch X 2inch X 2inch ---it will have 2 or 3 knobs to adjust focus , brightness ------ at bottom around 10 pins will be there ------- from EHT 1 thick red colour cable goes to CRT TUBE --------- on EHT its part number will be there }} -------- so if user is a technical person having idea about components ( resistors, transistors, diodes, etc ) , having tools like multimeter ( to check components) , soldering iron, soldering lead, flux, desoldering wig ( for removing components), etc also little experience in servicing field( compulsory) ----------------- then user can remove EHT from main board ---- take to electronic shop ----- buy same type EHT --------- fix to mainboard ( knobs on EHT should be adjusted according to picture --- after switching TV --- this adjustment is very important ) ----------iam from bangalore (09986222774, [email protected]) ----- here EHT's price will be around Rs 250 ( US $ 6 ) & for my customers (in bangalore) i will take another Rs 500 (US $ 11) as sevice charge......i don't have any idea about EHT ' s price & service charge in your place.........since it is very risky job i suggest to contact TV service engineer ------- because they are highly experienced & can fix this component very easily. ------------ [[ sometimes along with EHT another component called transistor ( big in size - situated close to EHT - it will have 3pins - its size will be 1inch X 1/2 inch X 1/2 cm --approximately ---- black in colour ----- fixed to aluminium metal ) --- will also gets deffective --- so this component also should be checked ]] ---- in your case this transistor is good ... because when this component gets deffective then TV won't get '' ON '' .............so in your case only EHT should be replaced.........100% it works normally

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on May 10, 2011

How Do What

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Mar 20, 2011

This is the HOT (Horizontal Output Transistor) for your TV. There are several part numbers that can cross over as a replacement. This should be done only if the original RCA part number is no longer available however. I Googled your "RCA 23740" and got result pages with several compatible part numbers from Sony, ISC, etc. Then I clicked "Shopping" on Google's result page and found 3 sources for the exact RCA branded part ranging in price between $6 and $12. If you dug around the regular result pages I'm sure you'd find plenty more sources as well.

A few words of caution: This transistor is associated with the flyback transformer circuit. The flyback transformer is the source for high voltage - and can result in a painful shock or burn if the circuit has not discharged completely before contacting it. Use caution.

I hope this helps & good luck! Please rate my reply - thank you.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Mar 19, 2011

this site will tell you exactly what you need to do and know to get it proggrammed

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Mar 04, 2011

Since this TV has no VGA input but has composite video input (RCA yellow jack) , your computer must have this type of output, if it doesn't, you'll have to buy a VGA to video converter, this can be found at Electronics/computer parts store.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Feb 21, 2011

If your TV has audio and video when connected to DVD player, its sound filtering circutary in RF[Radio Frequency] stage is in trouble. You yoursef cannot detect and repair it. You must get the service of an experienced service personal. It needs skill, ability to follow the schamatic diagram, and more patience.
If there is no sound when DVD player connected, the speaker of your TV has in trouble. It can be replaced by you, after unpluging your TV from mains socket, open its back cover, screw out it from its position and go for a similar type and impedence. Just refit the new and give the 2 connections. That is all. Ok.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Oct 21, 2010

Check your TVs settings. Check if channel skip option in on. If it is on, this type of fault occur. Turn it to off if it is in on condition. If the blue back screen option is there, just turn it on to avoid grains on unused channels.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Oct 14, 2010

Try checking in which mode you have set the TV. NTSC, PAL etc.

Match this to your transmission. If still not getting color, it shows the chroma signal in TV has failed.

Contact service center for assitance.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Apr 22, 2010

Push the who/input button on the remote. Keep pushing it until you get the "video" option.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Dec 30, 2009

The original RCA part number looks to be 247718. A number of suppliers show this as being no longer available. However, a company I use mcmelectronics.com shows this part as being available. Go to the MCM website and enter the 247718 number and you should get the replacement part information and a photo of the part. Hr8680 Flyback 1534445 A 244247, 247718Diemen Part #: HR8680 | MCM Order #: 33-9810 (info. I copied from their site) Good luck with your repair.

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Nov 05, 2009

unplug from the wall for about 30 mins. plug back in and it should work. this was a trait with sets

RCA F32649 32"... | Answered on Sep 07, 2009

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA F32649 32" TV Logo

76 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76466 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1258 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6220 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

RCA Televison & Video

  • RCA Televison & Video

Most Popular Question

blurred display screen

  • Televison & Video