20 Most Recent RCA F36665 36" TV Questions & Answers

First if cable I presume you have entered the menu and selected cable.Another possible reason is the tuner/s in this set are bad---hook a DVD or something to one of the rear inputs and see if set works.If set works that way and tuner turns out to be bad you can with a box with av cable out connections on back just go into a rear input and bypass the tuner--leave set on that input and change channels with the box.Let me know if you have questions and what you find---usually on this set if no signal---"unusable signal" will appear on screen if no signal.

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Mar 20, 2012


I do not have p3001 in parts list. The only P3001 is wiring harness to controls.

From descriptions it looks like the picture is out of convergence/alignment and deflection is completely gone. Also check the deflection yoke solder joints. I assume that you are doing the repair as DIY repair hobby. A CRT TV in such conditions would not be worth repairing otherwise.
Try replacing the convergence ICS (STK2250). If the problem is not convergence, then have a look at the PIP module. PIP module won't cause the rings. I think problem is deflection.

Here parts for this TV.



RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Dec 29, 2010

Check the audio settings and make sure that they are not set for audio to stereo and not the TV.

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Oct 21, 2010

p3001 is the number I have on wires,going from the motherboard to the control panel.It is A 36"RCA F36665 1999

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jun 04, 2010

You may be on the wrong track here.......fly backs are a common failure,but not because of power surge. Most commonly the problem would be on the primary side of the power supply ,such as the rectifiers and sw mode regulator. If you want to prove it,just un solder the horiz out transistor(q401) and the pin of the flybackit connects to...... and if it still blows fuse ,you need to work on the power supply.......not the horiz/hv area

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jun 04, 2010

the 5 amp is the most common one,replace with other with the same amp.But if they burn out the device got a shortcircuit,could be the horizontal IC the regulator Ic

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jun 03, 2010

yes, take the back off, and follow the power cord. You will see a fuse in the board.You have the same problem as I have. I replaced my fuse, and plugged it back in, It made a sizzling sound and blew the fuse again.Maybe you will have better luck, with your set good luck rob

RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jun 02, 2010

  • Try replacing the batteries in your remote.
  • Cover the infra-red receptor in front of your TV to see if you’re getting unwanted signals from the receptor; covering the receptor with a bit of foil should do the trick.
  • Have you recently added equipment that might interfere with your TV’s operation—like a remote control extender or a new device for your audio-video system? Remove these devices and test the TV.
  • RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Oct 28, 2008

    Bad caps(not electrolytics); rca has a bulletin about this problem

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Apr 27, 2008

    How old is this set? some of the late 90's early 2ks had issues with the Gemstar module, then you also said that you unplugged the buttons, if unplugging the buttons fixed your problem, you probably have contamination in the buttons and they are $2 switches, I would replace all 8 (if you have 8) as I do in some of the CTC169 Chassis televisions, depends upon your level of expertise and such. This set has the Guide+ system and I think that you might have a Gemstar issue still, it is a little 2" square box that has 2 ribbon cables that plug into it, and is fairly easily replaceable.

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Apr 23, 2008

    1)confirm service # on back of tv 2)Is sound from tv or surround system? 3)suspect bad flyback xformer.

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Apr 09, 2008

    Bad flyback xformer AKA IHVT.

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Feb 25, 2008

    Do picture have little white lines in it? This could be caused by a bad CRT driver transistor. On the small CRT board on back of tube. The red could be shorted

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Dec 07, 2007

    Best suggestion is IHVT,also known as flyback transformer.Thomson products well-known for xformer troubles. (GE,RCA & Proscan)

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Nov 05, 2007

    well u have a problem in the audio circuits of the tv which includes the speaker itself. but most of the time the audio power output transistor or ic get easily damaged resulting a no sound tv. if u dont have any idea with regards to this, i suggest have it check with a qualified service technician. it will not cost u a lot for sure.

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jan 19, 2007

    check the main fuse in the tv. test it with a multimeter, not visually. if its the thermistor that blew the fuse, it is very difficult to see the break in the wire. replace if blown. if unit blown fuse again withing a couple of weeks replace the thermistor in the degausing circuit. good luck.

    RCA F36665 36"... • Answered on Jan 09, 2007

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    RCA F36665 36" TV Logo

    Popular Tags

    24 questions posted

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

    The Knight
    The Knight

    Level 3 Expert

    76584 Answers

    Cindy Wells

    Level 3 Expert

    6259 Answers

    Paul Bade

    Level 3 Expert

    1688 Answers

    Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides

    View Most Popular

    RCA Televison & Video

    • RCA Televison & Video

    Most Popular Question

    problem started from power surge

    • Televison & Video