Cannot initialise HDD
First of all, of course, try to repair it by using the recovery utility softwear (you know, pressing >> Forward while connecting the switched off device to the usb). If it doesn`t help, read further---> The problem is that simply an error in the softwear of the device occures. Normally, this could be fixed by restarting, by pressing the RESTART button on the back. BUT, by pressing it, you don`t actually restart the hole device.Certain commands are still running in the processor and this cannot be canceled until there is the slightest electricity in the battery left. That`s why I open the player, safely and very carefully remove the Hard Disc, than reattach the battery, so that no electricity is left. Then, connect the battery again, place the HDD again on its place (carefully please), watch out that it connects to the motherboard, and close the hole player.
By switching it on, there should occur no problems. But I recommend using the RECOVERY UTILITY softwear for repairing the hard drive, as well as rebuilding the library and probably formating (hear you will lose all data). Note that it is best to have the song titles written on latein (english), cyrillic for example is not recommended.
If that doesnt fix it follow the steps bellow.
1. Make sure player is off.
2. Take off back cover. 4 tiny screws.
3. Take out the HDD, the big rectangle thing. The back of it should be silver.
4. When you take it out, the front should have a "gold sheet" attached to it.
5. At the lower corner the "gold sheet" is a cut out part. This "cut out" part is where the HDD connects to the "mother board".
6. Bend that piece ever so slightly where u can place your finger between it and the HDD.
7. You will then plug in that "male" part to the "female" part on the mother board.
8. when you feel it snug or snap, your MP3 should work now.
9. turn on the mp3 player to make sure it loads.
10. if it does, then you have fixed your "problem"
11. reassemble player accordingly.
I hope that helps
Please rate accordingly