20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
DCP-J315W shows "Unable to Init 4F"
Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power. Then press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Now release the button, plug in the printer and turn it on and see if the error clears.
If it doesn't fix the issue, you probably have to replace the cartridges. They will cost about $65. Good luck!
on Mar 13, 2017
Genuine brother ink cartridge not detected by printer on DCP J315W printer
This is a common occurrence for these machines. They can get confused when cartridges are changed before they read as empty.
To correct this.
1) Unplug the printer from both the Power and Computer and remove all cartridges closing the cartridge access panel.
2) Plug the printer into the Power only and turn on. The machine will complain about no cartridges, this is fine.
3) Open Ink access panel and insert the first cartridge (Black is most common and close the panel.
4) The machine will complain about the missing cartridges. Open the panel and insert the second cartridge in the sequence and close the panel again.
5) Repeat the process for the third and fourth cartridge.
6) Once all cartridges have been installed the printer will ask if you have replaced the cartridges. Say no to the Black, Cyan and Yellow but yes to the Magenta and it will display the correct readings.
If this process fails to read the cartridge still then there is something wrong with the sensor inside the machine which probably means new machine.
on Jun 04, 2016
Brother control center 4 won't open on my computer
This may help others with scanning issues:
I just bought a Brother MFCJ6510 printer/scanner and was nearly driven cracked trying to get the scanner to work as it was not talking to the PC, even though as a printer it was working fine. Realised eventually that it was just the Brother Control Centre 4 it wasn't talking to. After hours of re-installing software and updates, etc, nothing worked.
The solution: I went into Control Panel on my PC (I use Windows XP), to the Scanners and Cameras section, and in there the Brother Scanner was visible and could be used from there, Click on it to open the Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard and use that. Further, by right-clicking on it and going to properties I choose the software to start when it talks to the PC. I abandoned the Brother CC4 and set it up to start the Scanner and Camera Wizard if I choose 'Scan to Image' on the scanner control panel, and to open Photoshop if I 'Scan to File' on the scanner. Works fine either way, just make sure you choose the right dpi setting to suit your needs.
Hope this helps somebody else as frustrated as I was.
on Nov 20, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?