You can resort to iTunes, iCloud or the 3rd-party program to recover the photos and contacts disappeared from iPhone.
Recover Pictures from iTunes Backup
iTunes is quite common for iOS device users to back up and restore data. It is reliable and useful for you to use. Now let's begin to see how to use this tool to find your disappeared photos back in a jiffy.
1) Insert your iPhone into computer with matched USB cord and then run the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Your device will be detected by iTunes automatically. You need to make sure that the computer you use is the one you have backed up your iPhone data before your photos lost.
2) When you are asked to trust the computer, you need to enter your passcode to continue.
3) After that, you need to click on "iPhone icon> Settings> Summary" to choose the option of "Restore Backup" to tap on.
4) Choose the backup that you have created most recently and then click on "Restore" button to begin to recover iPhone data immediately. Make sure your iPhone is connected to computer during the whole process.
The shortcoming of this way is that all your data stored on iPhone will be covered by the backup you restore from iTunes and you are not able to choose the specific photos that you want to get back to iPhone.
Recover Pictures from iCloud Backup
It is handy for you to recover images from iCloud backup via Apps & Data screen.
1) On your iPhone, you need to click on the Settings app on home screen and then hit on "General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings".
2) When you see the screen of "Apps & Data", you need to choose the option of "Restore from iCloud Backup" here.
3) Use your Apple ID to log into your iCloud account and then choose the iCloud backup that you want to restore to your iPhone from.
4) Wait until the restore process comes to an end. You need to make sure the Wi-Fi network is stable and connected during the whole procedure.
For more details, check: Fixed: Pictures Disappeared from iPhone