20 Most Recent
PfaFF Sewing Machine Metal Bobbins Questions & Answers
Pfaff 1469 needs a hand tug to get running every time after pressing foot pedal. How to service it?
If your Pfaff 1469 sewing machine needs a hand tug to get it running every time after pressing the foot pedal, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some steps you can take to service the machine:
- Clean the machine: Dirt, lint, and debris can accumulate in the machine, causing it to jam or run slowly. Use a brush or vacuum cleaner to remove any debris from the machine.
- Oil the machine: Lack of lubrication can cause the machine to run slowly or seize up. Use a good quality sewing machine oil to lubricate the machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Check the foot pedal: The issue could be with the foot pedal. Check for any loose or damaged wires, and ensure that the pedal is properly connected to the machine.
- Adjust the tension: If the machine is not properly threaded or the tension is too tight, it can cause the machine to jam or run slowly. Check the threading and adjust the tension as needed.
- Check the belt: If the belt is loose or damaged, it can cause the machine to run slowly or not at all. Check the belt and replace it if necessary.
- Check the motor: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it could be a problem with the motor. Check the motor and wiring for any damage, and consider having it serviced by a professional if needed.
It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions when servicing your Pfaff 1469 sewing machine. If you are not comfortable servicing the machine yourself, consider taking it to a professional for repair.
Where are the oil holes
There are no oil holes in a 1222e. I apply a light oil to the inside of the bobbin case and where you clip the bobbin in the machine. I also take off the top and drop a light oil on the moving shaft. I was told no other lubrication was needed by the owner.
Display does not light up on PFAFF 1475 CD
These instructions apply to PFAFF 1475 CD. They may also work for other machines.
If you have some advanced electronic repair skills and tools, check the following:
For 220 Volts models - there is a fuse next to the power input, make sure it is good. There is no such a fuse for 120 Volts model.
If the fuse is Okay, you have to get access to the main circuit board by removing the bottom cover.
Check the primary on the transformer for 120 V AC (220 V AC respectively). Check the secondary side for 5 V AC (luminescent display), 9 V AC (turns to 5 V DC by rectifier, 4700 micro farads capacitor and a 5 V regulator STI L387A) and 28 V AC (turns to 35 V DC by rectifier and 2200 micro farads capacitor.
Pay attention to two soldered round fuses in series with the secondary 9 V and 28 V - both should be good. On the big capacitors you should have 9 V DC and 35 V DC.
Common symptoms for bad small 22 micro farads capacitors next to the some of the IC's - there are 5 of these: These capacitors are in parallel with 5 V DC.
## All of the LEDs light up but the display is blank
## All of the LEDs light up, the display is blank, and after a minute no LEDs at all
## No LEDs nor display.
Replace ALL five 22 micro farads capacitors using a good desoldering pump or desoldering station!.
Enjoy your resurrected PFAFF 1475 CD machine!!!
I just did this procedure on my aunt's one (Made in West Germany around 1990).
Where can I find a stepper motor for a Pfaff 1475cd sewing machine? They don't make them any more.
If the original stepper motor for your Pfaff 1475cd sewing machine is no longer available, there are a few options you can consider:
- Check with sewing machine repair shops in your area. They may have access to refurbished or used stepper motors that can be used as a replacement.
- Look for replacement parts online. Some websites specialize in selling replacement parts for sewing machines, including stepper motors. You may be able to find a compatible replacement part online.
- Consider retrofitting your machine with a new motor. This may require some modification to the machine and electrical components, but it could be a viable option if you're unable to find a direct replacement.
- Contact Pfaff or the manufacturer of the original motor to see if they have any suggestions or alternative options.
It's important to note that not all stepper motors are compatible with all sewing machines, so it's important to do your research and find a replacement part that is specifically designed to work with your Pfaff 1475cd.
On my Pfaff quilt expression 4.2 the knee lift is not working
It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the knee lift on your Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2 sewing machine. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Check the knee lift lever: Make sure that the knee lift lever is not obstructed and that it is properly positioned.
- Check the linkage: The knee lift mechanism is connected to the sewing machine via a series of linkages. Make sure that all linkages are connected and not broken or bent.
- Lubricate the knee lift mechanism: If the knee lift mechanism is stiff or difficult to move, try lubricating it with a sewing machine oil.
- Check for loose screws: Check for any loose screws or bolts that may be causing the knee lift mechanism to malfunction.
- Check the foot control: Make sure that the foot control is functioning properly and that it is securely connected to the sewing machine.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to take your sewing machine to a professional for repair.
How do you access the top of a Pfaff 1020 sewing machine?
To access the top of a Pfaff 1020 sewing machine, you will need to remove the top cover by unscrewing the screws located on the back of the machine. Once the screws are removed, the top cover can be lifted off to access the internal components.
Display shows battery on my pfaff anniversary edition
For a 7550, this has been noted, AND also, if batteries show leak or any corrosion, clean only with mild soap, dish, do not use acetone, alcohol, any aggressive such as these can damage plated contacts.
How do I change the battery in my PFAFF 7550 creative sewing machine?
Switch on the sewing mahine to avoid deleting the memories during the battery change. Tilt the machine over backwards. A battery compartment is installed i the base. Using a screwdriver (as a lever, not to unscrew anything), pry up/off the cover. Take out the batteries. Insert new batteries with the "+" side facing upward. Replace the cover -- hinges should engage in the lower recess; the cover should snap in place. Use heavy duty batteries, such as Duracell. Battery size is AA
Pfaff 7550 creative only sewing in zig zag stitch.
It sounds like your Pfaff 7550 Creative may be experiencing a hardware-related issue. To diagnose the problem, try resetting the machine by unplugging the power cord and waiting 10 minutes before plugging it back in. If the problem persists, then it is likely that the machine's control circuit board may have become damaged and will need to be replaced. Additionally, you should also check that the machine is receiving power by testing the power cord, power switch, and the foot pedal. If all of these components are working correctly, then the control circuit board will need to be replaced. If you need further assistance, you can consult a professional Pfaff technician for diagnosis and repair.
Where do I find replacement screws for a Pfaff 130
A local sewing machine center will have your screw if not exactly they will have a similar size and pitch of the screw threads. 99% they will have something similar even though it's not the same brand.
Not finding what you are looking for?