20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I lost the remote to
- You have to set the channel you want as a favorite first and you can do this from the TV. This is why the channels skip as you press up and down. Sometime or another those were someones favorite channels.
- Press "MENU" on the TV until "SET UP" appears on the screen.
- Now press ^ or v until "FAVORITE CH" appears in purple.
- Now press < or > to display the favorite channel FAVORITE CH menu.
- You will use < or > to got between "SET and "CLEAR."
- So now go to "SET" and press ^ or v until you get to channel 1.
- If you want to delete a channel first then select "CLEAR" and then add the channel you wish.
- What your doing when you push the channel up and down on the TV buttons is going through the favorite channels. So make one of the favorite channels channel 1 and program your remote.
- Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa.
on Jul 20, 2011
Why does my Toshiba tv screen go from dark to light?
The TV's main culprits to be causing this problem are "dynamic contrast" which maybe darkening the backl light in dark scenes an example a night time or a dark scene in a movie. To make the blacks be deeper (as LCD/LED TV are rubbish at blacks) or brighten it on bright scenes to make the light be lighter and once again to make the blacks be deeper so the images pop out. Also "eco lighting" this will dim or brighten the image based on the amount of light in a room in order to be saving energy. Ether way the easy fix is to turn both of these features off. You will get rid of the problem and enjoy more subtler shades of colour that would otherwise be bleached (brightend) or crushed(darkend) out..
on Aug 25, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?