20 Most Recent
Heath Zenith SL-6144 Specialty Series, Wireless Strobe Chime, Flashing Light and Chime Sound, White" Questions & Answers
My Porcelanosa toilet seat cover loose
Pictures can be added by clicking the button that says 'Photos'. Navigate to the image and insert it. You can add Videos as well, see below.
3/25/2023 10:56:14 PM •
on Mar 25, 2023
What can I do about cockroaches in my home?
Cockroaches thrive in warm areas with plentiful access to food and water. The best home remedies for getting rid of them are:
- Clean your home thoroughly to make sure there is nothing for them to eat, such as crumbs on the floor
- Keep your home cool to discourage them from entering
- Seal up cracks. Cockroaches can live in small cracks in concrete, so seal your home properly to stop them entering
- Use home poison-bait solutions such as a mixture of powdered sugar and boric acid.
If none of that works, it's time to bring in the professionals. I tried all of the above in my home in Tonbridge a few years ago before I gave up when nothing seemed to work. Fortunately, after I called out this company
offering pest control in Tonbridge, the problem disappeared overnight and I haven't seen a cockroach since!
3/23/2023 3:23:48 AM •
on Mar 23, 2023
After the Summer Time change the clock keep running without adjusting to the real time?
Question edited for clarity.
Questioned moved from Misc to clocks.
All questions need full 'make model (what it is)' as the first three words or it is all guesswork.
My guess is that you are in the wrong time zone and it will change in 2 weeks when it changes in the UK. You are set to GMT instead of PST, CT or EST.
3/18/2023 7:26:49 PM •
on Mar 18, 2023
How do i get rid of mist in my double glazing without changing them?
You can't. What this means is that the seal between the panes has broken down, and every time the window heats up (in the sun) air is expelled, and when it cools, air is drawn in, with moisture to boot. You will always have that issue. However, you can have replacement units made up that will fit into the existing window frame. Any good glazing company will be able to get a double glazed unit made up to fit into the existing window.
3/17/2023 9:46:07 AM •
on Mar 17, 2023
MY Ecco 55 Dims the moment i turn it on.
If it dims as soon as you turn it on, then it could be a sign of a faulty power supply or a loose connection. You should check the power supply and connections to make sure everything is secure and functioning properly. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
3/16/2023 10:01:20 PM •
on Mar 16, 2023
I have a Bulova B1987 mantel clock. I bought it in December 2022. It is now March 2023 and it has stopped chiming. It keeps perfect time, just won't chime.
There are a few potential reasons why your Bulova B1987 mantel clock has stopped chiming:
- Check if the chime switch is in the "on" position. If it is not, switch it to "on".
- Make sure that the clock is wound fully. A clock that is not fully wound will not chime.
- Check if the chime melody selector is in the "off" position. If it is, move it to a melody position.
- If the clock has been moved or bumped recently, the chime hammers may have been knocked out of alignment. This can be fixed by a professional clock repair person.
- The chime rods or hammers may be damaged or worn out. This can also be fixed by a professional clock repair person.
If none of these solutions work, it may be best to contact a professional clock repair person for assistance in fixing the clock's chime.
3/4/2023 10:11:58 AM •
on Mar 04, 2023
Need a manual for a Seiko melody in motion wall click. Model # QXM123BRH
Here is a manual for the Seiko Melody in Motion Wall Clock, Model # QXM123BRH:
- Insert one "AA" size alkaline battery into the clock's battery compartment.
- Set the clock to the correct time by pulling out the time-setting knob and turning it clockwise or counterclockwise to set the time.
- Push the knob back in to the "Lock" position to finish setting the time.
- Press the "Demo" button on the clock's front panel to listen to all the available melodies.
- To select a specific melody, press the "Melody" button repeatedly until the desired melody plays.
- To adjust the volume of the melody, press the "Volume" button repeatedly until the desired volume level is reached.
- The clock is equipped with a light sensor that will automatically turn off the sound and motion sensors when the room is dark.
- To disable the light sensor, push and hold the "Light Sensor" button for approximately 5 seconds until the "OFF" indicator appears on the display.
- To enable the light sensor, push and hold the "Light Sensor" button again for approximately 5 seconds until the "ON" indicator appears on the display.
- The clock is equipped with a motion sensor that will detect movement in front of the clock and activate the sound and motion sensors.
- To disable the motion sensor, push and hold the "Motion Sensor" button for approximately 5 seconds until the "OFF" indicator appears on the display.
- To enable the motion sensor, push and hold the "Motion Sensor" button again for approximately 5 seconds until the "ON" indicator appears on the display.
- The clock is equipped with a nighttime silencer that will automatically turn off the sound and motion sensors during a designated period of time.
- To set the nighttime silencer, push and hold the "Nighttime Silencer" button for approximately 5 seconds until the "SET" indicator appears on the display.
- Press the "Melody" button to select the start time for the nighttime silencer.
- Press the "Volume" button to select the end time for the nighttime silencer.
- Push the "Nighttime Silencer" button again to save the settings and exit the nighttime silencer mode.
- If the clock does not operate properly, try replacing the battery with a new one.
- If the clock still does not operate properly, contact Seiko Customer Service for assistance.
Note: This manual is for general information purposes only and may not cover all features and functions of the Seiko Melody in Motion Wall Clock, Model # QXM123BRH. Please refer to the manufacturer's instructions for complete information on how to operate and maintain your clock.
3/3/2023 4:30:59 PM •
on Mar 03, 2023
Having problem with wireless smoke detector on my NX-8. Is deleting current program and reprogramming the way to go?
Before deleting the current program and reprogramming your NX-8 wireless smoke detector, you may want to try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the batteries: Ensure that the batteries in your wireless smoke detector are not dead or low. Replace the batteries if necessary.
- Check the signal strength: Make sure that the wireless smoke detector is within range of the NX-8 control panel. You can try moving the detector closer to the panel to see if it helps.
- Check for interference: Interference from other wireless devices, metal objects, or thick walls can affect the signal strength. Try removing any potential sources of interference or relocating the detector.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, then deleting the current program and reprogramming the wireless smoke detector may be the next step. Be sure to follow the instructions in the NX-8 programming guide to properly delete and reprogram the detector. If you are not comfortable with programming the system yourself, you may want to contact a professional alarm company or technician for assistance.
2/25/2023 6:37:34 PM •
on Feb 25, 2023
Plumbing - Perrin & Rowe U.5383 Shower Head Diverter - how remove spindle?
Unfortunately, without being able to see the spindle, it is difficult to provide specific instructions on how to remove it. However, in general, you should be able to remove the spindle by unscrewing it from the housing. You may need to use a pair of pliers or a wrench to get a better grip on the spindle. Once you have loosened the spindle, you should be able to pull it out of the housing.
2/22/2023 9:39:37 PM •
on Feb 22, 2023
Not finding what you are looking for?