20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Error light code 3 & 4 in front panels
Hi Carlos, error code 3 & 4 is caused by faulty RAM (Memory modules) installed in the PC. You could try the following to resolve the issue:
1. Open up the computer cover
2. Locate the memory module(s)
3. Remove them memory module(s)
4. Use a can of compressed air or spray contact cleaner onto the center of the DIMM connectors to clean all the contacts. Do NOT use a normal brush to clear dust away. Wait for 5minutes for the contact cleaner to dry.
5. Reseat the memory module(s)
6. Turn on the computer and check if codes 3 & 4 still light up. If it does not, it should boot into the Operating System.
7. If codes 3 & 4 continues to light up, you will need to run a memory diagnostic test to determine which of the memory module is faulty.
on Sep 07, 2016
ALL I KNOW IS ITS A DELL OPTIPLEX 960 AND I TRIED TO DO A REBOOT BY HITTING F2 AND THEN HOLDING ALT AND F AT THE SAME TIME.
it sounds like there has been some sort of corruption of the files on the hard disk. You should see about booting from the Windows installation CD / DVD and copying all the files that are of importance to you (documents, photos, music, etc.) on to an external hard drive connected to the USB port or installed as a slave drive internally. Once you have saved all the files you need, shut off the PC and disconnect / remove the drive with your files. Then reinstall Windows again. Once done, shut off the PC and reconnect the drive with your files and copy them back to the hard drive and you should be good to go unless he drive is beginning to fail - in which case purchasing a new hard drive would be a good idea.
on Aug 10, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?