20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Shop vac is not pumping
The question makes perfect sense assuming we are talking about the ShopVacPumpVac. These devices are, essentially, a combination shop vac and sump pump. For those answering the question, you can see literature on these vacuum/sumps here: https://www.shopvac.com/includes/streamPDF.asp?loc=pdf&id=Shop-Vac-Pump-It-Out
When I have experienced the loss of drainage, I have found a couple obvious problems and solutions.
, make sure that the garden/discharge hose is not kinked at any point
along the line from the vacuum to the outside. If kinked, the line will not drain.
Second, the baffle can become blocked or clogged. Take the following steps to determine if your baffle is clogged and to clear the clog:
1. Turn off and unplug the vacuum.
2. Unclip the two lid clips.
3. Lift the lid of the vacuum. When properly set up, the baffle hangs below the filter housing on an opaque hose about 1 foot in length.
4. Grasp that hose and pull firmly downward. Once removed, I take that hose and the attached baffle to an outside garden hose.
5. Pull the baffle off the opaque hose.
6. Spray water from your garden hose through the opaque hose to make sure it is clear.
7. Spray the baffle clear.
8. Lightly tap the port of the baffle, where the opaque hose has been inserted. Most of my clogs have been the result of hair balls (or worse) at this point. Just tap any blockage out and rinse.
Third, reattach the baffle to the opaque hose. Reattach the opaque hose and baffle to the motor under the filter housing. Set the vacuum top on the canister. Click the locking clamps closed.
If this doesn't result in clearing the clog and allowing it to drain, then you are in the exact spot I am right now. If I figure out this new problem, I will update further. But I have cleared this kind of clog maybe five times in the six months I've been using this new Shop Vac Sump Vac
on Sep 16, 2016
afaik, Shop Vac only gives a general manual, which you can download off their website. All of their designs follow the same concept.
on Jun 07, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?