20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
What is the best laptop?
With all due respect that's like asking what is the best wife or who is the best team or what is the best restaurant etc.
There simply isn't one simple and right answer to the question.
Class Action Lawsuit Against Hitachi
i talked to them today, apparantly they are only takeing cases with problems in the first year of ownership, but being a ligitiamate suit, it might help push hitachi to help us out, i am going to try to call back and use this info as leverage to get a new light engine. if i have any success ill let you know
Red blurred area
I had whole redish/pink screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
1. Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
2. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
3. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
1. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
2. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
3. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
4. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
5. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
6. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
7. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
TV switches off when ever it is turned on.
No the switch if working fine. It is a momentary contact switch. Check the air vents all around the tv, Vacuum the vents if possible so air can circulate. Next there is a protection circuit built in to the system called to power on self test. if test results are ok the tv will go on. If not the tv may go on but flicker on or off and then no tv.
The power supply board is notorious for failing that way. Some can be replaced most have to be repaired to the component level. Try the Vacuum first before opening it up cause it is a lot of work on the dining room table, There is a small power relay that is located on the power board which actually controls the main A.C. to the whole set. I have seen them intermittent before causing that problem but it has to be soldered in place and a lot of electronic components can be destroyed by just you touching it. Be careful, Good Luck, Bill
Hitachi ultravision digital widescreen
Try cleaning the 11 element lens just in front of the lamp housing. If this doesn't completely clear the problem, then one or more LCD panels are faulty.
Have sound no pic
Check and replace damaged component/s at its back-light inverter board, or replace this board as card basis. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. It will be best to replace the inverter board as card basis. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
To some model sets; especially LED back-lighted types; the back-light inverter circuit will be part of the main power supply board [SMPS]. In such cases, the power supply board might need replacement. To some models sets, the back-light inverter and SMPS section circuit will be integrated at its main board itself. If so; the main board should be replaced. To some models of sets, all these section circuit will be integrated at its main board. If this is the case, you have to replace the main board.
Hitachi 50"comes for about 10 seconds then cuts off.
These blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices.
If blinks continue without any pause, the main board is faulty.
Search the site by type in the "brand name"
to your device, in the "Search box at the top right of the display window of the Homepage
" to get gathered related posts.
Not finding what you are looking for?