Several conditions may cause the error message Machine Error 30, 33, 34 or 35 to be displayed on the LCD. This error may be the result of one of the following:
- The print head carriage is failing to return to its home position to the far right of the unit.
- Both of the springs located on each side of the carriage is out of place.
- The cartridge covers may not be locked securely in place.
Please follow the instructions listed below to correct this problem:
- Press the INK button on the Control Panel.
- Using the dial pad, press 2 (Replace Ink). The display will prompt you PLS OPEN COVER.
- Pull the Scanner Cover release lever located under the Control Panel and lift the Scanner cover. The carriage should move to the left in order to replace the ink. If the carriage does not move to the left, your machine will require service.
If your machine is still within warranty, click here to locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area or click here to obtain contact information for the appropriate Brother Customer Service Center. If you are out of warranty, use the link to locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area.
- After the carriage moves to the left, press down each cartridge cover and remove all ink cartridges from the machine. There are 2 springs located on each side of the carriage that hold the print head against the carriage assembly. They are thin silver springs approximately 2 1/2 inches, set at an angle.
- If the spring is out of place, press the spring back into place. You can use the spring on the opposite side of the carriage as a guide as to the correct position.
- If the spring is not out of place, reinstall each ink cartridge.
- After installing the ink cartridges, close the covers and verify they are securely locked into place. Your machine then prepares for a head cleaning and goes online. The LCD screen prompts you to verify if a new ink cartridge was inserted for each color you removed. For example, DID YOU CHANGE BLCK 1. YES 2. NO.
- Press 2 (No).
If you decided to place a new ink cartridge in for any of the colors when uninstalling and reinstalling the cartridges in the above process, press 1 (Yes). The machine will automatically go through a cleaning cycle.
Also this might be handy for you.
To reset purge counter
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Please call back and gave us a vote.
All The Best: Pineworks