Jam or Exit Jam
1. Remove the tray and clear any misfed sheets as
2. Open the top cover.
The fuser area will
be hot. This area is clearly marked. Do not touch it.
Never expose the
image drum unit to light for more than 5 minutes. Never expose the image
drum unit to direct sunlight. Always hold the image drum unit by the
ends or from the top. Never touch the surface of the green drum inside
the image drum unit.
3. Carefully lift out the image drum, complete with
the toner cartridge. Be careful not to touch or scratch the green drum
4. Remove any jammed sheets from the paper path.
5. Re-install the image drum complete with toner
cartridge, ensuring that it correctly locates into the slots on each
side of the printer.
6. Close the top cover and press down to latch it
7. The printer will warm up and commence printing
when ready. he page lost through the jam will normally be reprinted.
If the edge of the
jammed paper protrudes (or can be seen) from the exit, reinstall the
image drum, close the top cover and switch the printer on. Remove the
jammed paper from the exit when the exit roller begins rotating after a
few seconds after switching on. However, if the jammed paper cannot be
removed, contact a service representative.