20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Oki C5450 error message
The figure after the K drum Life tells you how much life there is left on the BLACK (K) drum. C indicates Cyan, M indicates Magenta and Y indicates Yellow.
Go to the USAGE MENU and look at the K DRUM LIFE setting. This will be a 2 digit percentage value. As you have just seen the message appear this will mean that the drum life remaining is ....whatever the 2 digit value displays.
The life expectancy of a drum is approximately 15,000 pages.
I cant connect it to my network
Configure the IP address on your printer, (this is done through the printer\'s menu settings) make sure it matches the IP address range on your network, it maybe 192.168.1.xxx then configure the printer with a fixed IP address with the same IP address range but at a higher address eg. 192.168.1.10 so it does not clash with any other IP addresses. Next install the printer driver normally. Then configure the printer Properties. Click Start - Printers and faxes - right click on the your printer - click Properties - Port tab - click Add Port - Standard TCP/IP port - Port Name eg. 192.168.1.10 Printer name eg Network printer Click OK Then do a TEST print if it does not work then the IP address is probably incorrect.
Strange clicking noise OKI C5600
it is not the toner it is the drum. just replace the drum and it will be fine. you may of noticed your printer has been printing a little streaky. i have had this problem with my c5600 and after i replaced the k drum (the noisy drum) it was fixed intill 4 months later when the blasted thing broke again
Fatal error 428056ec + 4280999c
Try resetting the printer:
- Power on printer while holding both the "+" & "-" buttons
simultaneously; release when "OKIUSER" is displayed.
- Press either the "+" or "-" button until "ENGINE DIAG MODE" is displayed;
press "Enter" and "DIAGNOSTIC MODE xx.xx.xx" will be displayed.
- Press and hold both the "-" & "On-line" buttons simultaneously until
"ENG DIAG LEVEL2" is displayed.
- Press either the "+" or "-" button until "CONSUMABLE COUNTER SET" is
displayed, press "Enter" to go in the menu to set various consumables.
- Press either the "+" or "-" buttons to go to the desired consumable and
press "Enter": the last digit of the count will start flashing.
- Press "Cancel" to decrease the digit amount or press the "On-line" button to
increase the digit amount; press the "+" or "-" buttons to move along individual
digits in the count.
- Once the count is at the level you desire, press and hold the "On-line",
"Cancel", and "Back" buttons simultaneously until the "*" reappears next to the
count; consumable's count has been reseted to the number specified.
- Press the "+" or "-" buttons to move to the next consumable and repeat at
- Once all consumable counts have been set to desired amounts that are below
their end-of-life thresholds, use the "Back", "+", and "-" buttons to exit
through the menus (reverse of steps 2 through 4) until "INITIALIZING" is
- Turn off the printer and turn on.
Hope this helps.
Not finding what you are looking for?