My nokia 7230 is not
Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.
You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.
After, disassembling the phone is the next step.
Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.
Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.
After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the processyou are charging the battery of the phone.
I guess that's all you need.
Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.
Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.
You can visit the below link to learn more about flashing of phones.
If the mobile phone does not switch on, it is called a dead mobile.
It can be due to many reasons
1. Water damage
2. Fall down
3. Not used for a long time ( Mostly battery is down)
(1) Check the Battery. It should show 3.7 volts or as written on the battery.
(2) Check the Battery Connector
Check two things (a) Voltage coming or not (b) shorting
Note : If there is shorting then clean the circuit in ultrasonic cleaner (Remove display, camera, etc before putting it in ultrasonic cleaner )
Clean the circuit with a soft brush and make it dry with a hair dryer or ****er.
If the shorting doesn't go it may be due to shorting in an ic,capacitor or circuit. if shorting is in ic u can check it by attaching a battery then press the on-off switch keep the battery for 10-15 seconds. after that remove the battery and check which ic becomes hot. Reball or replace that ic. If shorting is in circuit it must be removed by ultrasonic cleaner
Note - The circuit is made of three layers. if there is shorting in the middle layer it cannot be removed
(3) Check the On/Off switch & voltage at on-off switch
Note - Connect a charger. If charging is shown on display then the problem is with the on/off switch or software problem
(4) Try flashing the mobile.
(5) If flashing cannot be done then there is hardware fault we first dry solder the Flash IC & RAM IC and check in the Software. if flashing cannot be done then we dry solder/reball/replace flash ic & RAM ic.After that dry solder/reball/replace Power IC, Network IC, Crystal, CPU :D:D
Nokia 7230 Cell...
on May 23, 2016