20 Most Recent
Pentax MZ-60 QD 35mm SLR Camera Questions & Answers
The viewfinder screen is completely black. no image whatsoever. it seems like the camera is functioning everything works from what i gather
Since it's a film camera, there are a couple of things to check:
1. You have left the lens cap on.
2. If this is a single lens reflex camera, take the lens off and make sure that the mirror isn't stuck in the "up" position. If it is, GENTLY pull it down until it stays down. At this point, your shutter may be open. Try cocking the shutter again, fire off a test shot, and see if the mirror sticks in the up position. If it does, you probably need to replace the mirror bumper foam - age can make foam deteriorate into a gooey, tar-like substance that can make the mirror stick in the up position.
3. Does the camera have a T (for Time) setting on the shutter speed dial? If so, turn it off the Time setting and set it to a manual shutter speed such as 1/60 - or whatever your 'X' synch speed is.
4. Your batteries died in mid-exposure. Replace the batteries. You may have enough juice in them to show the viewfinder display, but not enough to finish the exposure and close the shutter.
The MZ-60 takes a CR2 Lithium Photo Battery, available at most hardware stores, pharmacies and online at Amazon.com.
Pentax MZ-60 SLR film camera,
Hi Joy. Do this. Turn it on and go into the menu. Locate the reset function. Reset the camera. All this means is that it will reset to factory settings, those that it was set to the day you took it out of the box. If that does not solve your problem, recharge the battery and try it again. If these steps fail, send it to pentax for a repair as there is nothing else that you can do that will not void the warranty. J.
How to go on manual
Having received no response in over a month, I assume this is no longer a problem.
Av flashing on the LCD.
hi i will give u the possible solutions. try out these solutions and one among these will work for u
1)you need to go into the menu , select settings and change av appurature setting to 2 instead of 1
2)with the lens compatibility / connection, U can fiddle around with the lens and try to find whether the aperture ring on the lens had moved from the 'A' (auto) setting to the one manual settings and when u switch it back to the 'A' setting it will solve the problem!
3) The lens is not completely set on the mount, maybe a little extra push in the turn may lock it in position properly
4)The contacts are dirty on either the camera mount or lens and it's blocking communication between them (but they hae to be very dirty though)
5)Highly unlikely, but you may have forced the lens into the mount the incorrect way (need to match the red dots). If that's the case you may have damaged both camera and lens.
but try out the solution no.2 that i have provided u... it will fix ur problem perfect
Pentax MZ-60 very ******* batteries
the camera has a short circuit. if the camera got wet or was in very high humidity the flex circuit is shorting . take or send your MZ60 to a camera repair shop for an estimate. if the camera has liquid damage they most likely will not repair it.
however if it's just a component part it's fixable.
the battery drain will worsen as the short increases.
I cannot load the film
pentax error codes are in the repair manual for camera repair technicians. the camera needs repaired.take or send your camera to a camera repair shop for an estimate.
have you tried cleaning the lens contacts with soft cloth?
ifnot do that.
is there no problem with out the lens in there?
please do a firmware upgrade
tell us what happened
Fog on right side of photos
Assuming the film door opens from the right, then the most likely reason is the light seal on the door. If it's just got dirty, brush it clean with a stiff brush. If it's badly worn then a camera repair shop may replace it for a reasonable fee - although I have done DIY repairs on this sort of thing using velvet :). Not for the faint-hearted tho'.
BTW the reason it's random is probably that it depends on how long each shot was in the gate before winding on and the ambient light conditions.
Not finding what you are looking for?