20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How do u turn off the apps when your not useing
The Sprint Evo is an Android smartphone capable of running applications in the background. It's best to close applications you aren't using, since running applications drains the phone's battery. Most apps allow you to close them through the menu inside the application, but if the app stops responding or has no close option, you can use the Force Stop function. Force Stop functions much like the Task Manager feature in Windows. It closes the app, but does not delete data or uninstall the app.
1. Press the "Menu" button from the main screen on the Evo.
2. Tap "Settings" and touch "Applications."
3. Select "Manage applications" and open the "Running" tab.
4. Locate the application you want to close and tap it.
5. Touch the "Force Stop" button to close the app.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
11/16/2017 11:24:33 AM •
HTC EVO 4G...
on Nov 16, 2017
Every time I play games on my android HTC EVO
Sounds like you're lagging. Grab a task manager app (I use Taskkiller Free) from the market. Then once its installed, open it up and kill all the programs running in the background. It should fix the lag plus you will have longer battery life as killing those processes reduces activity.
Taskkiller Free or Advanced Task Manager
Both of these also have widgets so they can be accessed right from you home screens.
How do u turn off apps when u are not using
Depending on what OS is on the phone:
Press and hold the HOME button - your recent apps will display, then just swipe them to the left, and it closes them. You can also do this to select apps you have recently used - instead of swiping, just click on them.
If that does not work, there are apps available that manage the apps on your phone. Go to Google Play Store and search AppKiller, then browse the different ones available.
Phone is locked and it
unfortunately this may be your only option to start over.
Realize that once wiped you can enter your gmail address and all apps will redownload from market.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
- Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Downfor NO
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
My phone seems to be getting slower and slower
This can often happen with a smart phone as you get more an more applications. There are a few things you can do.
1. Delete apps that you don't really need; if you have things running in the background they can slow your phone down.
2. Download an app called Watchdog. The free version will do the trick. This monitors how much cpu each app is using to make sure no apps are 'misbehaving' in the background. It will notify you of any apps doing just that. It may notify you of an app you are using currently, if this happens don't worry about it, as the main app you're using is fine to use up a large percentage of your cpu. A side note to this step is to delete any task killer. These are apps that attempt to keep other apps from running. These task killers will have titles such as 'Advanced Task Killer.' They end up having a negative effect on your phone. Here are some articles about the specifics: http://goo.gl/23mG
3. Finally, download an app called Lookout Mobile Security. It has the ability to check your apps for viruses. While rare, viruses do exist on android.
How can i transfer photos from evo to mac pro?
Try following this steps, leads you to know how to sync HTC with Mac?
1. Set HTC
Press HOME > MENV, and choose Setting > Applications > Development.
In the Interface of "Development", you must make sure all check boxes
are selected include "USB debugging", "Stay awake", "Allow mock
2. Connect HTC to Mac
After setting, connect HTC phone to your Mac with USB cable. Then you
can see "USB Connected" in HTC. Only need to Click it and choose
"Mount". HTC (HTC Aria, HTC Evo 4G, HTC HD, etc) will connect with your
Mac as a disk drive.
3. Sync HTC with Mac
Then you can transfer compatible media files such as music, movies, photos between HTC and Mac through drag and drop.
Not finding what you are looking for?