Due to the lack of detail provided, there are certain assumptions that must be made. These assumptions may or may not address the specifics of your problem as described. Please don't take anything I state in a derogatory way.
These devices use very little fuel, with a single charge lasting about two hours.
After they are warmed up, the only visible evidence they are functioning is the dim red glow at the vents behind the tip.
Firing it up.
I'm assuming it has fuel in it.
When you try to fire it up, I'm assuming it is turned on and you can hear fuel being released.
The Super-pro models have a built-in igniter, otherwise using a lighter or a spark, ignite the gas at the vents behind the tip
A yellow flame can appear for a few moments until the unit heats up. It will quickly subside to a smoldering red glow.
It will take a few minutes for the tip to become hot enough to use.
That is about it,
on Jul 25, 2017